Skip navigation
khilin
Currently Being Moderated

XMP SDK in a dll plugin

May 13, 2009 2:00 PM

Hello, I have a question, I making a plugin for an application in C++, the goal with this plugin is to access the XMP metadata, I'm working in VS2008, I have already compiled the XMP SDK and made with it a little application to test the diferrents features and everything went OK. Now I need to use the same SDK files in a dll and I can't make it compile. I have a lot of unresolved external symbols and redefinition errors, Does anybody knows what the problem could be??? Thank you.

Daniel Brenner

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2009 5:20 AM   in reply to khilin

Did you solve your problem already?

Those missing symbols usually result from mismatching runtime libraries - e.g. the xmp sdk was configured to use the multi-threaded static runtime, your dll uses the multithreaded dynamic runtime.

You can change the runtime library in the project properties under: "Configuration Properties/C/C++/Code/Generation/Runtime Library"

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2011 2:39 AM   in reply to triendl.kj

HI...

I have got a problem in compilling the source code from the XMP sdk toolkit.I m getting some linker errors.Have followed the same steps given in the programmer guide.I am actually trying to create the DLL's for those source codes.Can you please help me in sorting out this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2011 5:30 AM   in reply to kezia@123

The trick is to make static versions of the XMP TolKit libraries with settings as a dynamic lib, see http://forums.adobe.com/message/3893502#3893502

Thomas

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points