Expand my Community achievements bar.

Return a List of Files for Specific User

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I need the list of files that a specific user has permission to access them.

If a web service do this for me it's great!

Thanks!

Rodrigo

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I don't believe what you would like to do is possible.  You would need to determine which "principals" (users) where included in which policies, and then determine which policies were applied to which documents.

Using the APIs ( http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/programLC/javadoc/index.html ) you can search on the Policies, and get the Polciy Entries (which in turn contain the Principals), but there is no API that I am aware of to allow you to search documents based on the policy that was applied to them.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Ok, thaks for you answer.

One more question I don't find in API a method that a inform a document and return the policy applied.

Rodrigo

Former Community Member

Rodrigo

When a policy is applied to a document, a unique "license id" is created.  You can use the API's (com.adobe.livecycle.rightsmanagement.client.infomodel) to get the licence (getID), then the getDocumentName to retrieve the name of the document associated with the license.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Steve,

I got the License ID and Policy Name of my file on Content Space.

With my policy name I got PolicySpecs, but in this class don't have Principals list, have only group names.

I don't find a way to get all Groups of a specific user, can I do that? Or with a Group Name how can I get all users associated to it?

Regards.

Rodrigo

Former Community Member

In LiveCycle, users and groups are handled with "User Manager".  There is a "getGroupMemberships" method that is part of the com.adobe.idp.um.api.infomodel class.  It retrieves a set of Group objects indicating those groups to which the principal (user) belongs.

Regards

Steve