Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 Projects on Captivate 5

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just intalled Captivate 5.5 on my PC. I shared this information with my other team members and I came to know that there is a serious issue. All my other team members have Captivate 5 and I was informed that if I make any changes to an existing project in v5.5, it won't be accessible in v5.

I just Googled some things and came to know that many users have this issue while working on a shared project.

Is this really true? If yes, then what is the solution?

Thank You,

VEE2KAEY

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not going to like this but...there is no way to save files from Cp 5.5 down to Cp 5.

So your only options are for everyone else to upgrade to Cp 5.5 or else you'll have to downgrade again to Cp 5.

New versions of Captivate have never been backward compatible.  It's caused a lot of people grief over the years and is one reason why some of us have several versions of Captivate still installed on the same PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information Rod. But isn't there anything or any patch that can make things work? I know this is an issue from Adobe's side. I am also searching for the same.

I have purchased Captivate 5 in January and v5.5 now. If this was known, I could have searched for 5. An upgrade will make me spend more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I can't give you any good news on this front.  Lots of other people have complained about this same issue for several versions now.  I know of no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources