• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

conversion formulas in pdf file to word

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scientific text with math formulas in pdf. I tried to Save As pdf file as a Word doc, the text converted OK but formulas were messed up. Please suggest the correct procedure to get everything OK. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, you will have to copy the equations as a graphic. I don't think there is any other way to get back the equations. In fact, equations such as those from MathType, are actually just vector graphics in most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for promt reply! I was trying to select equation only but with no avail. Please could you give me exact direction to the actions you suggested. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your regular conversion to WORD. Then go back and use the snapshot tool to clip a graphic of the equation. You may also be able to use Illustrator to do an edit of the vector graphic and then clip it over to word from there. Unfortunately there is no good way to get vector graphics out of Acrobat without using Illustrator or such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Nitro Pro to batch convert large collections of files with just a  few clicks — to Microsoft Word, Excel, and more. And, its intuitive  tools make editing text and images directly within PDF files easier than  ever before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that it converts the equations correctly as the question asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One group I'm aware of that's doing research into recognition of math in scanned and PDF documents is the InftyProject. They have a product called InftyReader that can take in a scanned image (save the PDF as 2-color TIF, GIF, or PNG) and produce LaTeX output. If this works for you, you can then paste the LaTeX in MathType, which integrates very closely with Word. You can also paste the LaTeX directly into Word, and let MathType convert the equations for you there. (Look in MathType Help for information about the "toggle TeX" feature.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines