Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doubt

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm new in the Adobe forum, and i have two questions and i want to get a clear answers.

Questions:

1. How many posts is necessary for can i send/receive private messages?

2. How long to wait for my avatar be accepted by the moderators?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Pedro Filho

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - I don't know

2 - usually 24 hours... but remember the Moderators are volunteers, not employees, so you will just have to wait for one to have time for what is, after all, not a really important part of the forum operation (may be important to YOU, but does not stop you from posting a message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Number 2 average is 24hr. But mine when I originally created first one took 3 days.

The second one I created did take 24 hours. Also if you post comments to forum(s) your avatar will show up even on all your comments regardless how old.

I also don't know about 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I do not see any Avatars waiting for acceptance. Did you upload an Avatar or a Profile picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like i said, i'm new in the forum, and did not know how the system worked for accepting avatar.

Now i put an avatar to appear in my post. I hope it is accepted.

pd adobe.png

The correct size is 48x48 no is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any avatars attached to your forum profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P3dro F!lho wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm new in the Adobe forum, and i have two questions and i want to get a clear answers.

Questions:

1. How many posts is necessary for can i send/receive private messages?

2. How long to wait for my avatar be accepted by the moderators?

Regards,

Pedro Filho

1) as many as you want until your folders are full up.  If they get full up then you can delete the old ones and create more room.  You can have a total of 500 messages in your folders.

2) Generally 48 hours (weekends and holidays excepted) .  I can guarantee that if you upload your two allowed avatars now then by Christmas they should be approved   Always upload two at a time just in case you don't like your first one!  Same rules apply with uploading your photos.  Photos are different from avatars but the rules are almost identical.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone answer question number 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pedro,

Can anyone answer question number 1?

I believe it would be John, if anyone.

John?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no threshold for private messages. If you are registered, you have private messages enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

There is no threshold for private messages. If you are registered, you have private messages enabled.

There is a limit of 500 messages in total in your folders.

Here is the picture to suggest this:

hth

2011-09-07_2310.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP was not asking how many messages were possible, but WHEN they were possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<obi-wan>i've got a bad feeling about this.</obi-wan>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But because i can not send private messages?

Regards,

Pedro Filho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I wonder if any administrator has the power to change my nickname here on the forum?

Regards,

Pedro Filho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You change that in your Profile. If not in Forum Profile in the main Adobe Profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to change my nickname.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only you can change your name. And you do that at Adobe.com, not in the Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect message.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. I don't have any access to your private message folder. What happens when you click on a user name, go to their profile, and click on Send Private Message? Do you get any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

No idea. I don't have any access to your private message folder. What happens when you click on a user name, go to their profile, and click on Send Private Message? Do you get any error message?

Friend, i apologize for the confusion created by me. Because i'm young here, and i thought i could not send private messages.

Best regards,

Pedro Filho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>young here, and i thought i could not send private messages

OK... and now you have learned to actually try doing something before asking why something doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines