Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Output Designer 5.7 or later Trail version

Former Community Member

Problem:
Need to convert IFD file to XDP. Using Live Cycle Designer ES2 try to import the IFD file, following error occured "To import IFD, Adobe Output Designer 5.5 or later needs to be installed".

Need Help:
What is the current Version of Adobe Output Designer?
is there any trial version avilable for it?
is there any alternate solution for conversion of IFD to XDP?

will be greatfull if you help me to resolve this issue

Regards,

Srikanth.

1 Reply

Level 1

Hello Srikanth; I will contact you separately

For others reading this thread

Most customers that need to convert an Output Designer IFD form for use with ADEP/LiveCycle Designer have access to Output Designer; the tool that originaly created the IFD files.

Current version is 5.7; the import feature in ADEP/LiveCycle Designer is the only conversion that Adobe offers.

The import requires Output Designer to be installed with ADEP/LiveCycle Designer for it to work.

The product is unfortunately not posted as a trial in a public place. To use the importer a licensed copy of Output Designer 5.7 should used.

Check around your organization for a copy; check your organizations S/W entitlements in Adobe LWS.

If you have an old version 5.4 and need 5.7; if you have current Adobe support; request an upgrade to 5.7 from Adobe Customer Care

The product is still available for sale and as a discounted license upgrade for customers that do not have current support.

If you have a regular Adobe representative for you account – a trial version can be ordered for you in a pinch – but this may take a while.

Adobe Partners with appropriate privilages can acess Output Designer 5.7  as a download on the partner portal.