Skip navigation
JudeGr
Currently Being Moderated

Can't sign in to widget browser

Jan 31, 2011 12:50 PM

learning dreamweaver, trying to add widgets, downloaded air and widget browser, signed into exchange, widget I want to start w/should be in browser ... add wiget:

Adobe exchange tab:

Failed getting Widget Feed. Reload | Show More Information

No joy on the reload, so, more information:

Widget Feed Error

Failed getting Widget Feed. Make sure you are connected

to the internet.
Unknown error.

My Widgets Tab:

You do not have any widgets saved in the My Widgets category. To add a widget, select a widget in Adobe Exchange view, and click the Add to My Widgets button.

Well, obviously I have no exchange view so .... and widgets projects ... no nothing because IT WON'T LET ME SIGN IN!

FIrst started with a log in error:

Unable to load WSDL. If currently online, please verify the URI and/or format of the WSDL (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/exchangedwwidgetsfacade.cfc?wsdl) ... arugh! Oh, and look, it's doing this again, one or the othe, just the clock turnng or this error ...

went to that addy and got:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

and then code ... lots of it.

So, tried a few things like adjusting firewall, clearing caches, restarting, switching from Safari to Firefox default ... etc. No joy.

Working on iMac, OS X 6.6 (snowleopard), 100% strong on the network conection, was working in dreamweaver but can't connect using widget browser independently either.

Anything obvious I am missing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2011 11:30 AM   in reply to JudeGr

Hello,

I have the same problem: Can’t sign in to the Widget Browser on my iMac and Macbook Pro. I have got the same message: Unable to load WSDL. If currently online, please verify the URI and/or format of the WSDL (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/exchangedwwidgetsfacade.cfc?wsdl)

On my Windows PC, everything is ok. I have no problems; all widgets are available.

I have asked on the Adobe helpdesk, but the don’t give an adequate answer. They wrote to me that I:
    -    check network- en proxy configuration.
    -    Check your user account.

But I have no proxy installed and my user account is set to administrator.

I have also set my browser to accept ‘All cookies’.

Watt must I do to sign in to de Widget Browser on my iMac. Please help me!

Frans.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2011 12:58 PM   in reply to fjjp

Hello,

I have solved the problem. I’ve deleted al the Adobe cookies in Safari. And yes, all the widgets are available in the Widget Browser.

Frans.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 1:28 PM   in reply to fjjp

I had all the symptoms described here (i.e., Widget Browser on Mac not working, w/ errors indicated. But it would work on a PC, and it worked on another user account on same Mac).

I tried so many "fixes" recommended by forum posts (many from Adobe -- thanks, esp. to Scott, but none of these worked): deleting prefs; deleting lots of stuff from Library folders/files; reinstalling AIR and Widget Browser; repairing permissions and dbl-checking and re-setting permissions on Library folder. . . .  Agh! What a drag! . ..

Finally, I read this post:

>>  I have solved the problem. I’ve  deleted al the Adobe cookies in Safari. And yes, all the widgets are  available in the Widget Browser.

>>  Frans.

YES! That worked for me too! Hooray!

PLEASE ADOBE: get this news out! . . . It is VERY frustrating to spend SO much money with a company (for me, it's been thousands and thousands of dollars over a long career in graphic and web design), and, even within the first week of upgrading to CS 5.5 Design Premium, having absolutely NO corporate support.  . . . Geez! . . . Anyway, this is such a simple fix and I'm thankful to have the Widget Browser working. It really IS cool!

- Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2011 7:06 PM   in reply to DanFeather

I'm glad to hear your problem is fixed, but I have another question. I am having the same problem where i can't sign into the widget browswer, and therefore can't use the exchange. The problem is, I don't use safari nor do i have safari on my computer.

I use Google Chrome as default browser, but I've got accept cookies marked on that.

Do i need to make another browser my default? Is the widget browser based on a web browser?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2011 8:43 PM   in reply to tsunami9991

I can only guess. But I would guess that the solution would be the 

same, since (on my Mac anyway) there is a "Cookies" folder in the ~/

Library/ folder. That would make me suspect that the default browser's 

cookies would be there. I'd suggest examining your cookies in Chrome, 

deleting all from adobe.com, and trying your Widget Browser again 

after a restart.

If you really wanted to avoid trashing all your adobe cookies, you 

could make a backup of the cookies file before you purge it of adobe 

cookies.

Best,

_ Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2011 8:57 PM   in reply to DanFeather

Thanks for the response. I've actually tried running widget after switching default browsers back to ie. No luck. I'm really not sure. Its almost as if a firewall was blocking, but I dropped the firewall and no luck.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2011 3:42 PM   in reply to JudeGr

Gosh - Jude needs to be on the ADOBE team!!!

I am on explorer and YES IT worked!!!

After a week of trying and trying to get help to no avail I was losing hope.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points