Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Shortcut not working for Text Entry Box

Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a training simulation for logging on to a software application. The user must complete the User Name, then the Password field before clicking OK.

I recorded logging on, which created a Text Entry Box (TEB) for my entry of the user name, P12345. I have made 5 the shortcut key for Action Success for the TEB. On Success, I chose Continue.

I have a Click Box and caption in sequence next on the time line on the same slide, instructing the user to click the Password field. I expect it to display after the user types the 5 which should satisfy the shortcut for the TEB.

The publication of the simulation does not advance when I press 5 to display the Password Click Box and associated caption. Is this a bug? Am I misunderstanding this functionality?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of the Timeline of that slide? Is the TEB validated?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to have stumbled on to the solution. I didn't realize there was an active/inactive setting for a TEB. Once I adjusted this by dragging it to the right and extending the time the TEB was "active", it seems to work OK.

original TEB active vs. inactive as captured:

Initial TEB Timeline.jpg

adjusted TEB active vs. inactive:

Adjusted active-inactiveTEB Timeline.jpg

Does this seem like the correct answer to you too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources