Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFREPORT - rendering bug?

Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate a tabular report, but I encountered a weird bug:  if the content of a column exceed the first page height, in the second  page the borders of the other columns (that don't exceed the first page)  don't display.

The result is obviously ugly because it breaks the table-like layout.

page-1.jpg

page-2.jpg

In this second image, note that the borders of "Short Column 1" and "Short Column 2" don't appear

I tried all the settings (stretch etc...) of report band and fields, with no success.

I could also provide a sample test page, with a simple report that behaves  exactly as our production report. I ran it to produce the attached images.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to take a look at the option called

'Stretch with overflow' under the formatting section.  This basically means it will stretch if the text in the cell is bigger than the cell at its current size.

In the print control section you should select the strech type to be 'relative to band height'.  This will then make the cell the same height as the largest cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue with OP. I set Stretch with Overflow to true and relative to band height but they don't help. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation