Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

EPS with crop marks and bleed

Sep 15, 2011 4:22 PM

EPS with crop marks and bleed

I'm working on a business card. I export the file as EPS per vendor's request. When I did, the option only show bleed but no crop marks. Where can I set up the crop mark? I'm able to include bleed and crop marks with PDF setup but not EPS. Please help!

Also, when i try with the postscript, i'm able to set up the crop marks and bleeds. However when I distilled it and view it, the page turn out to be in letter size and the business card is located at the bottom left of the page. I went to Print dialouge, setup tab on the left and when I look at the right side everything is gray out. How can I make it active this way I can set my business card in the center of the page?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2011 6:33 PM   in reply to ning69

Please repost your question in the forum corresponding to the application you are using. You are not asking a question about Print Design which is the topic of this forum.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 16, 2011 6:05 PM   in reply to ning69

Give yourself a break and setup your own trim marks.  I do it manually in a snap.  I also include center marks.  Use a .5 stroke and color them 100%C, 100%M, 100%Y, and 100%K so the marks show up on each separation.  Save the file as a template so you can use it in the future on other jobs.  Trim marks are too much a hassle in Adobe apps ( in my opinion ).  Now, you can setup your card without trims, just setup the file 2" x 3.5" and, if it bleeds, run the graphics beyond the document size 1/8" all the way around.  Then, the print vendor can "Place" the file in whatever prepress application they happen to be using, which should include trim marks that are applied in the RIP.  So, unless the vendor is specifically asking for an EPS file with trim marks, just send them a clean file without them.  That said, always include a hard copy proof and indicate trim by physically drawing trims in ink pen, so the vendor knows where the card's trims land.  If you are uploading the file, then I'd recommend setting up the trims in the file as explained above.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points