Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

An error occured !!!!!

Sep 19, 2011 5:01 PM

Tags: #upgraded_forum_bugs #upgraded_forum_issues #upgraded_forum_bugs_&_issues

I have just received this error message:

19-09-2011 20-57-12.png

Look at the red letters in the above picture.  The messagecontains plain text and nothing else.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2011 5:17 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

Has this been repeatable?

If so, please provide the steps needed to reproduce.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 5:40 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

Twice today I have been posting a reply that did not save, and an error message of some sort popped up (did not screen print)

Both times I was given the option to try again, and the message saved the 2nd time

I visit about a dozen forums/sub-forums, so don't remember which forum

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 7:09 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

I usually get that message if someone is replying to a message Iam trying to edit.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 7:13 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

user name profile links are case-sensitive. Seems to work at http://forums.adobe.com/people/dMan0823

Could they have posted a message and then deleted it between the time you started replying and when you clicked the button to post the reply?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 7:27 PM   in reply to John Cornicello

I was able to duplicate the error. I created a message with one account, started to reply with another, but deleted the message via the first account before posting from the second account.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 3:13 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

I have encountered this, both old Jive, and new Jive. In each case, either the OP deleted the thread, or while replying, a MOD moved the post to another forum/sub-forum.

When it has happened, I have used Back (browser), done a Copy of my reply, and then a Cancel. If the thread was moved, that usually takes me to the new location, and a Reply, Paste has taken care of things. Where the post was deleted, then there is nothing to reply to.

Just some personal observations,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 4:51 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I don’t know if moving a thread would generate the error. When a thread is moved the URL stays the same, so the content still exists and I think it should still post your message into the correct new space. But I’ve never actually tried doing that.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 7:16 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

In a few instances, I did get that same error. Those were generated from the Premiere sub-forums, or from PrPro to Encore. Some HAVE been with deletions.

Will keep my eyes out, and see if I can furnish some details, that might prove useful.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points