Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 10 announced

Sep 19, 2011 9:33 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2011 9:36 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Yeah.  I just noticed that the PSE9 Help file (online) is labelled "Organizer 10 Help".  The PSE9 Editor Help file (online) is returning a "URL Not Found" error.

Yaaay!  Let's see what we've got with 10!

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 10:43 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I have a question regarding upgrading PSE 10.  I have PSE8 for PC, can I upgrade to PSE10 for MAC?  I recently switched from a PC to a MAC and my DVD won't work in the new MAC.  I need to get PSE10 and wanted to go the Upgrade route to save a few bucks.  I also have Premiere Elements 8 in PC format and would like to upgrade that also to Premiere 10 for a MAC.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 9:13 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

I switched to a Mac about a year-and-a-half ago and have practically given up on PSE (I got PSE 9) because of its poor integration with Mac and iPhoto.  Is PSE 10 going to be any better?  I sure hope so!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 9:31 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

hi all

oh boy oh boy

david :>

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,849 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Sep 20, 2011 9:44 AM   in reply to skooff

Hi Skoof

No change is expected in PSE 10. Adobe traditionally bundled Bridge (much better than iPhoto) with the Mac version but from PSE9 it shares the same Organizer as Windows users.

You should really set up Elements as your external editor within iPhoto:

Choose General > Edit Photo > In Application

Then select the PSE Editor Application

You can then double click on images within iPhoto so they automatically open in PSE for editing. Save your image after editing (not Save As using a different file name) and iPhoto will update. It prevents corruption of the iPhoto Library and avoids elements duplicating all of your images.

New features in PSE10:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/features._sl_id-conte ntfilter_sl_featuredisplaytypes_sl_new.html

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 1:54 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Just out of interest (having not been able to find the answer in the PSE 10 page above) is it still limited to 8 bit tiff output?

I'd be quite keen to give it a more serious look if I could output as 16 bit tiff...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 3:29 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I was just trying out Elements 9 (I have had 8 for a while) but lukily not bought it yet - looks like I'll be going straight to 10 :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 10:20 PM   in reply to SublimeMarauder

Sublime,

If you want to try out Elements 10 instead, Adobe hasn't officially advertised the trials yet but we have the direct download links... we're also giving away five free new boxes of PSE 10.

Enjoy.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2011 2:40 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Barbara B. wrote:

Elements has always been able to do 16 bit raw conversion and to save in 16 bit format, but it's still the same for editing: no layers, artistic filters, etc. for 16 bit files, only basic sharpening, levels, etc. in the Editor.

Sorry for the delay in replying, Barbara - thanks for the clarification.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 2:04 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hi

Can anybody tell me if there will be better integration/communication from Lightroom 3 e.g.  select 2 or more files and open in PSE10 as layers (as you can in PS4/5 etc.).

Also is there an actual merge into HDR setting (again like cs4/5)?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,849 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Sep 29, 2011 2:26 AM   in reply to robleeigo

A few users have reported problems opening from Lightroom or iPhoto directly into PSE10 but you can normally open an image with Lightroom Develop Settings as a PSD file and then create further layers.

HDR is not available in PSE10. The nearest action is Photomerge Exposure under the Guided Edit tab. That will let you use two three or more shots of the same subject taken in differing lighting conditions. You can select smart blending and then use the sliders for highlights, shadows and saturation to fine tune the result. Or you can use thee manual option which offers an advanced button where image edges can be aligned if necessary.

photomergeexposure.png

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2011 5:58 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

For the first time Adobe PSE 10 is written in brazilian portuguese, but they forgott that the date format here in Brasil is dd/mm/yyyy, this format is only avaiable in other languages and Adobe Support informed they don´t know when they gonna fix it.

I can't believe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points