Skip navigation
GWF37
Currently Being Moderated

Can not run piece

Sep 21, 2011 8:49 AM

I have a piece I wrote in Authorware 7.0.2.  The piece runs correctly on all of my test computers except for my Windows 7 machine.  When I execute the program, I get the circle (indicating that something is starting to happen) for about 10 seconds, then nothing else happens.  I've watched Process Explorer as I tried to start the piece and can see Authorware runtime try to start, then close.  I've tried to run it in compatibility mode (XP and Vista), but neither works.  I've tried to run it as administrator, that doesn't work.  I've disabled User Account Control - that doesn't work.  I've tried to run it in safe mode - that doesn't work.  Is there anything I can do?  Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2011 9:13 AM   in reply to GWF37

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2011 9:42 AM   in reply to GWF37

Not sure – trying again …

You just need to trust the site that is hosting your Authorware files. Go to the page where you Authorware file is, then go to Tools > Security and select the Trusted Sites green checkmark. Select the Sites button and add the current site.

Then you need to close IE, and go back to the page. Your Authorware content should work now.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2011 9:45 AM   in reply to Steve Howard, ACP

Posting this via the web forum. My last 2 posts were by email ... as you should be able to see, the second one worked fine. Not sure why the first one is missing my response :-/

Anyway - just confirming that the posts are going through now. Sorry for my slow follow-up.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 3:21 AM   in reply to GWF37

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers