• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader X - Cannot Print No Pages Selected

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same error message for ALL the different printers in my office, no matter which I choose. It also doesn't matter which computer I try to print the file (created in InDesign) from. It doesn't appear to be the file's fault, because I get the error for other documents created in InDesign that I created months ago before I switched to Adobe Reader X. These files used to print just fine.

What is going on? How can I get my PDFs to print? It can't be the printer driver.

The only thing that worked was I had to print only pages 1-18 or so, and then print the remaining. There is nothing special about the 19th page. And they used to be able to print all pages at once but not anymore!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS? What version of Reader X? You say you have the problem with all printers in your office, does it happen on all computers in our office or just your? When did this problem start? If on Windows, was it after the second Tuesday of the month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I have found the culprit. One of the ads from one of my advertisers is causing the problem. I've been running this ad since March but something about it seems incompatible with both Adobe Reader X and Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1.0 (it's even broken in back issues which were printing correctly in Acrobat 9). I have removed the ad.

This started happening after I upgraded all the computers to Windows 7 OS. We first noticed it last Thursday. It happens for all users on all computers in the office.

Adobe Reader X version: 10.1.0

Error also occurs with Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1.0 (using Windows 7).

Error only seems to occur with PDF's that were created in InDesign (version CS3 and CS5.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem as well.

XP profressional sp3

Adobe Reader X 10.1.1

printing to HP 800-series plotter gives error

printing to Xerox ColorQube 9201 works as expected

I've reinstalled the drivers for the plotter with no luck.

When printing to the plotter, I've tried printing as an image and not, priting only the document as opposed to documents and markups, and printing a variety of sizes.

The only things I can think of that would have changed my machine are the couple security updates that recently came out in the last week or so, and I had to defrag my drive about a week ago as well.  Before that, printing to the plotter from Adobe worked just fine.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What helped for me is I isolated what page(s) was causing the error. Try to see how many pages of the document you can print before you get the error. This happened to me again with a different PDF that I was using in my InDesign document. There seems to be some compatibility issues depending on what version the PDF is? I turned the problematic PDFs into TIFF files to match my version of InDesign and this solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF I'm trying to print is a single page map.

Updates:

Trying to print a PDF I've printed on this plotter before (in an earlier version of Acrobat), gave me the same error.

Printing a picture (jpg) printed normally on the plotter.

Based on these results, I'd say that narrows it down to Acrobat being the problem.  Am I missing anything in my logic there?

Is my best bet to remove Acrobat completely and reinstall, or will a simple repair work just as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further test: Printing seems to work just fine from other computers in the office running Adobe 9, so it appears this is a problem between the printer and Adobe.  Any thoughts on how to fix that?  Would new drivers for the plotter have any hope of fixing the situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with printing a pdf file I downloaded from one of my accounts; I would get the same error (...no pages selected...) when trying to print both from the full Adobe Acrobat X PRO and from Adobe Reader X under Windows 7 (32bit) SP1. What got me is that all other pdf files printed just fine on any of our network printers, only these files downloaded from this one vendor did not print, no matter where. I asked our IT guy for help and after several failed attempts he finally figured out the saving move: in the ADVANCED PRINT SETUP SCREEN (select: File>Print>Advanced), CHECK THE BOX "PRINT AS IMAGE" - and, presto, it finally printed...  :O)

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> I've tried printing as an image and not - me

Already tried the print as an image trick, and it didn't work.  I'm able to print the same documents from other computers with Acrobat 9, so I'd say that narrows it down to a software or software-plotter interface issue, not a settings issue in 10.  Sounds like we have different situations, but glad you got your's to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines