Skip navigation

Lightroom 3.5 RC Performance Feedback

Aug 23, 2011 4:30 PM

Latest reply: DanTull, Sep 23, 2011 3:11 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2011 8:39 AM   in reply to thewhitedog

thewhitedog wrote:

I want to thank Becky and Dan for keeping us up to date with their progress in dealing with the issues raised on this thread. As a long-time user/complainer I find their feedback very encouraging. I realize it takes extra time for them to keep us informed, but it makes our efforts in posting here seem worthwhile, which, in my case at least, is good for morale. That said, I have been quite pleased with the performance of 3.5 RC and, for the first time, have recommended the update to friends who also use Lightroom. Keep up the good work.

Good to hear, that the performance improvements, I observed immediately after installing 3.5 RC - I was quite baffled - , do also show up in your system.

And thanks to Becky and Dan for keeping us informed.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2011 12:38 AM   in reply to +becs

I Mean that just the pin is lost.

All the corrections are fine, but I cannot see what I've done before nor correct it.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2011 7:24 AM   in reply to Chateldon

Chateldon wrote:

I Mean that just the pin is lost.

All the corrections are fine, but I cannot see what I've done before nor correct it.

Press the "H" key to hide/reveal the pin.  This is a feature, not a bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 2:39 AM   in reply to oldane

Quote: "On several images I tried to view, I get the message "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 64 Bit has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" and the program shuts down. It seems the same files do it over and over where others are fine. " End quote.

I've been getting the same message while trying to render standard previews with 3.5RC. It's just stopped working about five times this morning, so I've gone back to 3.4.1 for normal work. That seems to work OK for rendering en masse.

Bob Frost

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 10:17 PM   in reply to bob frost

I've not seen any similar problem on my Mac. I wonder if it will turn out to be a Windows only problem? This would be significant in that most issues I've seen discussed here are the same or at least similar on both platforms.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 12:30 AM   in reply to thewhitedog

thewhitedog wrote:

I've not seen any similar problem on my Mac. I wonder if it will turn out to be a Windows only problem? This would be significant in that most issues I've seen discussed here are the same or at least similar on both platforms.

I may have solved the problem - after installing 3.4.1 again, I checked the prefs file (as I often do after installation) and found that LR had somehow reverted to the default folder for the ACR cache on the system disk. I swapped it back to the correct folder and deleted the default cache folder, and rendered all my altered images without trouble. It was only later after a cup of coffee (the wonders of caffeine?) that I realised that the default ACR cache on my system disk would have nearly filled it. I use a 50GB cache. So the problem might simply have been that LR did not like working with a system disk that was nearly full. Back to 3.5RC!

Bob Frost

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2011 2:39 PM   in reply to DanTull

Hi Dan,

I am trying 3.5 RC because of an issue I've had with 3.4.1 that unfortunately has not been resolved. In fact it's gotten worse and my import and export times have tripled if not worse with 3.5 RC. i

My original issue was that when exporting images to JPEG (haven't tried other formats) Lightroom consumes my entire CPU and actuall cause me to be unable to use my machine until the export is complete. For expample, I start an export (which is taking 3-4xs longer in 3.5 than 3.4.1) and if I try to multitast (for example use my browser to check email) during the export, I nearly can't. My mouse actaully gets buggy and starts skipping and becoming unresponsive. When I open the Window's Task Manager I see that while exporting Lightroom keep pegging my CPU usage out at 99% every few seconds. It happens whether resizing images or just exporting them at original size. It only happens during export and again both importing and exporting take extrordinarily longer.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1
    My Processor is a AMD Phenom 9150e Quad-Core 1.80 GHz

7 GBs of RAM
    64-bit OS

Please let me know if you need more info or if you have suggestions or fixes for this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2011 2:42 PM   in reply to Rmurrayphoto

P.S. if it matters I am using dual displays. One is 1920x1080 and the other is 1680x1050 the graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points