Skip navigation
Sayuki.com
Currently Being Moderated

Why?Adobe AIR,This software a can't open!

Sep 26, 2011 11:01 AM

I just want to ask you, Adobe AIR need  collect the money ?always say this is not the latest version! BUT,I'm is latest version of the! Please help me,THANK YOU!!

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 26, 2011 11:41 AM   in reply to Sayuki.com

Would you mind uninstalling and then reinstalling AIR to see if that resolves the problem?

Thanks,
    Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2011 6:54 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Adobe Air will not start after I accept the terms and programs that require adobe air will not open. The most that I ever get is "I Agree" from the Adobe Air popup, when I agree the popup disappears but nothing happens, no program opens. I have checked processes in Task manager and it shows Adobe Air process running, but nothing in programs.

I have tried to uninstall Adobe Air, it requires administrative permissions - I DO have admin permissions on my computer - when I enter my admin password it tells me that I don't have sufficient permission and tells me to contact the administrator. I have edited security and have allow all users on this computer "Full Control".

I have scanned to install file with my anti-virus program (Avira) and it is not showing any problems. i have two programs that use AA and neither will run, so I presume this is an Adobe problem....Irritating!

Thanks for any help,

Larry

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2011 11:53 AM   in reply to Larry219

Can you provide your log file so we can investigate further?

**Windows- an Install.log file is automatically created during installation.

XP- C:\Documents and Settings{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\logs

Vista/Win7- C:\Users{user name}[AppData]\Local\Adobe\AIR\logs

(must "show hidden files and folders" in View settings on your OS to see certain folders)

**Mac- Open "Console" to view logging.

Thanks,

Lisa Chao

Adobe Flash Runtime Team

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to lisachao

Hi Lisa,

I am having exactly the same problem as Larry and as I do have admin rights I have unistalled every adobe piece of software, reinstalled it and still get no response once I accept the terms and conditions (these pop up whilst trying to open my BBC iplayer software).

Was there any resolution on Larry's query?

Thanks a lot

Richard

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 1:29 PM   in reply to Richard Ottaway

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.  Do you happen to have mac os 10.7 by any chance?  If so, can you update to 10.7.3 and see if the problem goes away?

Thanks,

Lisa

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to lisachao

Hi Lisa,

I am using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Professional service pack 1

Got all the latest updates

Thanks

Richard

|