Skip navigation
Astoryaday
Currently Being Moderated

Zoom not working in trial

Sep 27, 2011 3:50 AM

Tags: #incopy #zoom_problem

I'm just getting familiar with InCopy and have an embarrassingly stupid question. In working with a new document in the default setting, I don't seem to be able to increase the page view so that I can read the page more easily as I write. The Zoom feature is dimmed, so I can't use that. I'm working on a Mac; the cmd + doesn't increase the page view, either. I'd rather not increase the font size and then change it back to a normal size later. Any advice?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2011 5:13 AM   in reply to Astoryaday

More info. Are you in layout view or story/galley view?

If layout something is wrong. If story/galley, this is normal and you’d need to increase the font size for the display.

Have you had any training at all? If not, please stop right now and get yourself over to Lynda.com and watch Anne-Marie Concepcion’s excellent training videos. This link will get you a free one week trial: http://bit.ly/fcGpiI

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2011 6:38 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Thanks for the endorsement, Bob!

Just a little more detail for Astoryaday ... you're no doubt in the default Story view. You can switch to Layout view and there the zoom tools will work. When you're in Story or Galley views, all you can do is make the editing font larger on screen from the Galley & Story Appearance toolbar in the lower left corner.

To switch views just click one of the three little window tabs at the top left.

AM

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points