Skip navigation
PlasticSturgeon
Currently Being Moderated

Broken - Doesn't work. Javascript error.

Sep 23, 2011 10:44 AM

Nice Idea. Doesn't work though.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 26, 2011 1:54 AM   in reply to PlasticSturgeon

I think it only works with Flash CS5.5.  Looks like in 5.5 they've implemented new JSFL command : "fl.getDocumentDOM().getSizeReportXML" that doesn't exist in previous versions.. Which is quite sad for us since we we have version 5 and would have to fork out 550 bucks for an .5 upgrade upgrade that should realy be free .

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2011 1:53 PM   in reply to PlasticSturgeon

Please make sure that you are using Flash Pro CS5.5 - the Visual Size Report runs in that version only - and let us know if you get any error message. 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 6:13 AM   in reply to Lars Wulfken

I get an error in extension manager when trying to install "The extension package is invalid. The extension will not be installed." I have Flash Pro CS 5.5 and Extension Manager CS 5.5. I am running on WinXP.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 6:47 AM   in reply to DOT_Gene

Since the Extension Manager is prompting that "The extension package is invalid.", please make sure that you have fully downloaded the package. Size should be 589.512 bytes (see properties of visualsize_report_p1_09211.zip). Let us know if this solved the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 6:56 AM   in reply to Lars Wulfken

I have tried running it from the server and downloading it to my desktop and I get the same error. The files is visualsize_report_p1_092111.mxp and the size is 589,512 bytes.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 7:28 AM   in reply to DOT_Gene

Apparently your file extension has been changed somehow to *.mxp?! Should be *.zxp. (Note: we reproduced your error message by renaming the package's ending to mxp)

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 7:33 AM   in reply to Lars Wulfken

Yep that solved it!

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status