Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

[help] 3D - Photoshop

Sep 27, 2011 4:10 PM

Hello,

Where I can download the 3D card for photoshop?

I'm really wanting to, I have works to do...

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Pedro Filho

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 27, 2011 4:58 PM   in reply to Pedro Filho

Not sure anyone will know what you mean...

Is "the 3D card for Photoshop" something you've seen somewhere?  Is it a digital model of a playing card or something?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2011 8:52 PM   in reply to Pedro Filho

I am betting they meant video card. according to your menu, you can do 3d. Repousse is greyed out because you don't have any text selected. Try the 3d postcard from layer or the new shape from layer. These will create a 3d object. The former will turn your image into a flat card in 3d space, and the latter will create 3d objects.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 12:02 AM   in reply to Pedro Filho

Perhaps it is your preferences, set incorrectly.

Look at Performance and make sure Enable OpenGL Drawing is marked. While here, click on the advanced Settings button and see which mode is selected. Changing this mode may help...

Now look at Edit>Preferences>3D and make sure this area is not greyed out. Changing these settings may help.

At the moment I am thinking OpenGL drawing is not checked.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 2, 2011 7:55 AM   in reply to Pedro Filho

I don't know if you have one on order, but one I find works very well for me is the VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 1 GB DDR5 memory.  Since I got mine they've released a newer 6670 model, which is slightly updated but with nearly the same specs, and which I would look seriously at if I were buying a new card right now.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2011 1:23 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

hi, i read your postings and i wonder if you could tell me what could improve the performance of 3d - Photoshop more, should i add more RAM to my computer or should i buy a better graphics card ?

Sorry if this might not be the right spot to ask, i am new to this forum ... i have 4 MB Ram and an ATI Radeon HD 5550 Graphics Card

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2011 9:06 PM   in reply to Martinseid

Martinseid wrote:

hi, i read your postings and i wonder if you could tell me what could improve the performance of 3d - Photoshop more, should i add more RAM to my computer or should i buy a better graphics card ?

Sorry if this might not be the right spot to ask, i am new to this forum ... i have 4 MB Ram and an ATI Radeon HD 5550 Graphics Card

I hope thats 4 GB of RAM and not 4MB of ram. Or you really do need to upgrade.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 3, 2011 12:27 AM   in reply to Martinseid

It's impossible to know what your bottleneck may be without more information.

Have you run any benchmarks on your computer system?  A decent one, which lists performance for your various subsystems separately and allows you to compare with other computers around the world, is the Passmark package.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)