• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Videos on one slide

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as I'm having a great deal of problems with Captivate today.

I need a slide that contains 2 videos.  One plays on slide opening and then the other video to display when the first one is finished. I've tried Blank slides and Insert Slide Video.  Both give me the error message - "The slide already contains a slide video.  Remove the video to continue."

Is there a way to have 2 videos on one page??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Why not simply have two slides with a video on each? After the first plays, transition to the second slide and second video.

If the vids play one after the other, not seeing why two slides won't do the trick. The user will never know.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

The client wants a split screen so to speak for visual effect.  I've got a template with a black image down the middle so we can show one video on left side that plays automatically then when finished the video on the right side plays.

I did create 2 slides as you mentioned.  One with video on left and then a screen shot of first frame of video on right.  Then created next slide with last frame of video on left and the video on right side starting.  This is close to what I want, but you still see a slide transition effect even though it is set to No Transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just edit the two videos into one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't tried having two videos in one slide, but would like to add to Mr. Zogg's response.  Editing the two videos into one (with a split screen effect) will not only facilitate things, but will make your final project smaller, therefore reducing the chances that it will freeze.  As far as your image running down the middle, Captivate allows you to place an image on top of video.  Place your image in the center over the video (with opacity and transparency where needed) and layer it in to seem as if there are two videos playing on each side of your image.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources