Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR iOS app rejected?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've finished developing my app, live video streaming for iOS, I submitted on apps store but they rejected! (I didn't read the guideline carefully T_T https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.html)

• 3.1: Apps or metadata that mentions the name of any other mobile platform will be rejected
  • 9.4: Video streaming content over a cellular network longer than 10 minutes must use HTTP Live and include a baseline 64 kbps audio-only HTTP Live stream

Is there a way to get through? Much appriciate! Thanks!!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this information. Are you supporting any other mobile platform. Have you mentioned the name anywhere in description or in your app? You could remove those.

You should be able to achieve HTTP LIve streaming with AIR 3, using the stageVideo feature. For the time being, you could enforce use of wi-fi for your application. In the application xml, add the following :

<key>UIRequiresPersistentWiFi</key>

<string>YES</string>

Regards,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanika,

Thanks for your reply! Im not using Flash builder but Flash CS5.5 and AIR 3 RC, there is application.xml, and after building,  the ipa file has this xml in META-INF/AIR/application.xml. i´ve tried to take the xml out of the air folder or rename the folder, then in the Resource file, i changed the corresponding path. But the ipa no more works, I think the application (the most heavy file in the ipa) is also pointing to the xml, but I don´nt know how to change it to point the new path.

Any idea? Im trying to remove any word like 'AIR' that appears in the info files.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

application.xml is required for the application to work. You shouldn't temper with it. I am not sure if the app got rejected because of mentioning "AIR" as there are many AIR applications present on AppStore. Have you mentioned the name of other mobile platforms that your app supports - android, Blackberry playbook etc somewhere in the description or in your application? I hope you will be able to get around the second clause with UIRequiresPersistentWiFi.

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanika,

The first issue (3.1) i've solved already, you're right, it was the app description. Thanks man!

But the second one I put wifi persistent key, but it only show warning when i'm using flight mode (on iphone). I also try to used NetworkInterface to detect wifi, but that's not supported on mobile 😞 is there another solution that I can enforce user to use wifi connection?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putiing UIRequiresPersistent Wi-fi should show you the dialog to select an available wi-fi, if present. Now that AIR 3 is releases, you should explore the stageVideo feature for streaming. See http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/stage_video.html. Also, with AIR 3, you can use native extensions to find the network information, you don't even need to write the extension yourself , it is available at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/native-extensions-for-air/extensions/networkinfo.html.

Hope this helps.

Reagrds,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanika,

My app plays existing streams which servers are rtmp, and I can't change it to http streams. So even if I use stageVideo, it is still rtmp. That way won't pass the rule 9.4, right? (correct me if I'm wrong!)

For now I'm gonna try the NetworkInfo extension to enforce Wifi connection.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm not sure, but rtmp isn't support by ios devices. You have to use HLS.

If you'r using FMS, take a look at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/introducing-fms45.html

BR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines