• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook Backyard Monsters freezing

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the facebook game Backyard Monsters when a person is attacking a "yard" their attacking monsters do not move after "dropping" them in from certain computers. The yard that is being attacked has other moving items that still move so just the monsters that are dropped in do not move. Also , there is another senario - "Wild monsters" can attack your "yard" while you are there so if they do they get dropped in by the game they just sit there also....  This happens for me and 57 pages of other users on Kixeyes discussion page. I have windows 7 home edition and the problem exists with IE 8 , chrome and firefox. I have removed and downloaded active x several times from the Adobe site, with all programs closed and all virus programs and ad blockers turned off. I have Win7 home sp1 , Flash 10.3.183.10, Air 2.7.1.1.19610. I can go across the room and use another computer with Vista and it works fine and it has the same version of flash. I have read (and tried) a lot about clearing caches, history all to no avail.  If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried posting over on Backyard Monster's Help & Support forum?  If they believe this is a Flash related bug, please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I corrected the issue, although a little by accident. I had the idea that it was a recent flash upgrade and tried to download an earlier version. I read directions somewhere that all flash programs had to be closed or all the files would not be removed when using the adobe removal tool. I closed all the little widgets that were running on the desktop like temperature ,analogue clock, weather etc.and used the removal tool which I had never used before . I downloaded what I thought was an earlier version of flash but discovered it was a developer tool available for programmers to use to test their programming. When I found out it was not flash I went to the Backyard Monsters game on facebook , knowing I would get a prompt that flash needs to be reinstalled, then follow the link to get flash. To my surprise the game loaded and I tried dropping monsters and now it works. The second senario also works - there is no "freezing" any more. I am not a programmer and dont understand why it works but maybe this will help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if you go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Does it say "Debug Player: Yes"?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it says "no"when I follow the link. In looking at my computer I also found this -screenshot.jpg

So what is running the game - AIR ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR is installed, but I don't see an entry for Backyard Monsters.  AIR is a runtime for stand alone apps, not ones that run in a browser.  I am a bit surprised you don't see an entry for Flash Player in there though.  Since the page reported back that debug = no, then you should be good.  I just wanted to make sure that your performance wasn't being impacted by using the debug release of the player.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monsters are doing the same thing. The problem did not start until I upgraded Flash to the new version. I have tried every solution Kixeye has suggested and nothing works. It is very frustrating. I wish I had never upgraded Flash. I have cleared my cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, changed versions, downloaded other browsers, changed the global settings. Nothing has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg38001 wrote:

My monsters are doing the same thing. The problem did not start until I upgraded Flash to the new version. I have tried every solution Kixeye has suggested and nothing works. It is very frustrating. I wish I had never upgraded Flash. I have cleared my cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, changed versions, downloaded other browsers, changed the global settings. Nothing has helped.

I noticed from your screenshot that the Java version you're running is out of date which exposes your system to attack. I'd advise you to update it a.s.a.p. which you can do via Windows Control Panel, or by going to http://www.java.com/en/ The current version is 1.6.0_30

It seems a bit odd though that Google Chrome in your screenshot appears to a version which is almost 14 months old now. According to Google, the browser updates automatically when a new version is detected. Maybe it just doesn't register as such in "Programs & Features". See Updating Google Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines