• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download/install Flash Player

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows XP home addition.  This all started with a notification of a "routine" update to my Adobe flash player (belive from 10.0...to10.3...)

Kept getting a notification from the install manager that a newer version was already installed on my computer.  However, when I went to YouTube (or any site with .flv files) and tried to open them, I get the same message that I need Adobe flash player to run these files.

Now, I have totally uninstalled any/all software related to Adobe at least three different times and the last time, I ran the drive wiper utility of CCleaner.

Each time, I have tried to re-download Adobe flash player with the same results.  Approximately 55% into the download, it comes up with the same message that a newer version is already installed.

I have completed five different searches and cannot find Adobe flash player anywhere on my hardrive, and it is not listed in the uninstall utility of either Windows, or CCleaner.

So, where is the hell is the installation manager finding what it concludes is Flash Player already installed on my computer?

Has anyone else heard of this??  Any fixes??      

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the following steps

1. Download the stand alone uninstaller

2. Close all your browser windows

3. Run the uninstaller

4. Restart your computer

5. Delete the following folder, depending on your operating system type:

• Windows 32bit - c:\Windows\system32\macromed
  • Windows 64bit - c:\windows\syswow64\macromed

6. Download and install Flash Player located here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Will try all.

Short term solution was to download Flash Player 11.0 from the "labs" website.  Working so far.

R. Brown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOORAY! ElecProf....I downloaded 11 and FINALLY it's working so far for me also. A week of frustration and finally a fix. *fingers crossed*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.

Is that the same for MAC 10.7.1 Lion??

Kindly

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem like the rest of you, but still, downloadning 11 from adobe labs dosnt work, neither does the above advice with deleting the windows folder.

Getting nuts here...

Any other ideers how to get it to work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ærle wrote:

Same problem like the rest of you

Please start a new topic and specify all details (including the exact meaning of "doesnt work").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded 11 from Adobe labs, and that cured the problem.

You may want to go into all of your Adobe programs, uninstall them, then download/install one at a time starting with Flash 11.  Nother suggestion.  Use CCleaner as your uninstall utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.

Does that work with the MAC with ver. 10.7.1 Lion??

I've tryed everything with same poor result. It can't be that i have to use Google Crome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris will be away for the next 1½ months.

Have you tried the release version of Flash Player 11?  If yes, what exactly are the "poor results" you are experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@michael  would you mind to start a new thread with your mac issue.  i'll follow up with you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same problem, ElecProf....I'm going nuts trying to figure this out!

I'm going to try to download 11 and see what happens....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for getting back so late, but that is what I did and it seems to have cured the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously i used the link like following to download the latest cab file of flash player

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=11,0,1,152

but for current version 11.0.1.152 this link downloads the older flash cab version 10.3.

Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines