Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrade v3.41 to v3.5?

Sep 29, 2011 2:23 PM

1) Will the upgrade to LR 3.5 cost extra to v3.4 users?

2) What v3.5 features would warrant an upgrade?

Pretty satisfied with v3.41 so far.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 29, 2011 2:43 PM   in reply to eswrite

1) No

2) Bug fixes (some of which might, apparently, improve performance in some cases).  New cameras supported, new lenses supported. 

To see if you're likely to be affected, see http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 7:31 PM   in reply to CSS Simon

Hello, I have 3.4.1 and I downloaded 3.5 I am up to the dialogue box that starts the install wizard. I have a question before I install this...will it just update over my Lr or create a new version? Will it automatically take my catalog? or will I have to import it from the backup?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 10:04 PM   in reply to Maribeth R

Yes

Yes

No

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2011 2:43 AM   in reply to Maribeth R

Maribeth,

See Pete's reply.

If you're on a Mac, it will create a new version, leaving the old one. You'll need to manually delete the old one. If you're on a PC, the install process will replace the old version.

Hal

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2011 3:02 AM   in reply to eswrite

There are a couple of threads on this forum from people who have had problems installing 3.5.  I've had no problems, but if you're of a nervous disposition you could always hang on for a week or two and see if the problems are general (or specific to a few users), especially if you not affected by the changes, as described at http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2011 6:17 AM   in reply to eswrite

I upgraded on 2 pc's from 3.41 to 3.5 both on Windows XP with NO problems at all. Upgrade went very smoothly.

Tunney

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2011 3:21 PM   in reply to Pete Marshall

Thank you Pete and Hal.  I upgraded last night and it DID replace my older version and it DID bring in my catalog. (I am on an HP pc)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2011 2:54 AM   in reply to eswrite

Not hard. There's an Adobe website that has all previous versions of Lightroom. If necessary (not that it's likely), you can uninstall 3.5 and download 3.4.1 from there.

I'm on XP, too, and I'm running 3.5 with no problems.

Hal

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2011 12:27 PM   in reply to eswrite

Thanks for posting back..........

eswrite wrote:

Thanks for the help, everyone. Just wanted to check back in and let folks know my XP 3.41 to 3.5 went flawlessly, if a bit to slow at the tail end of the install. I used 3.5 for a pretty major photoshoot I shot over the weekend, and it performed great.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points