• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't there a direct link to download Flash player?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so difficult for Adobe to provide direct links to Flash Player installer programs for Windows?

I'm stuck in an infinite loop with XP and Firefox. I go to download Flash Player and can't. I get sent back to the same damn download page I can't download Flash Player from. GIVE US A DIRECT LINK!

Thanks to this experience and the security dangers of Flash, I think I'm going to either uninstall Flash, Acrobat, and Shockwave, or at least install blockers so I can evaluate when it might be safe to use Adobe products.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well all you have to do is ask:-) Don't forget to Uninstall here:http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Be sure to follow the instructions and if you are using IE, read the last NOTE and follow it.

Here is the offline Installer for IE: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Here is the offline Installer for FF and other browsers: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

You will download both Installers if needed to your Desktop.

Is there anything else that you need?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a partial answer -- the useful part.

Allow me to rephrase for the functional/informational part: Why isn't there direct download links on the Flash Player web site? Why do I have to signup for a forum I could care less about in order to get what I need?

And a related observation: All screennames synonymous with frustrated, angry, etc. are already taked. This is revealing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I'm not sure there isn't a direct link somewhere. I may have most of Adobe links on my Desktop, but don't have time to search for that info right now. I know what you are saying and to answer your question, I don't know.

The screen names, I see those also. However, most of the problems that users are experiencing is not due to the Adobe

Flash Player. Some of the problems is that they may not follow the Uninstall instructions, or the Install instructions.

You can look at some of the issues here at the Adobe Troubleshooting article:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_tn_19166_en-us

Permissions, Anti-Virus, Firewalls, ad-block, these all have an affect. Keep in mind that Flash Player is a browser plug-in

and not a Program per se. So as you know add ons already installed can conflict with the browser itself, and add ons can

conflict with each other. Add ons, BHO's and Helpers, can be a positve or a negative. Many variables.

Here is the test link after you have Uninstalled and Installed FP.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I don't know what Anti-Virus you use or Firewall, but my suggestion after you have the Uninstall and the Install(s) on the Desktop is to disconnect from the Internet. Then disable your Anti-Virus and Firewall, close all browsers, and disable any application that uses Flash. Run the Uninstaller per instructions (NOTE for IE), check your Flash files, if any old are still there, run the Uninstaller again, then Reboot per NOTE. Then Run the IE Installer, Reboot Once, Run the Installer for FF if needed or other browsers, Reboot Once. Then Re-enable you Anti-Virus and Firewall, connect back to the Internet and then test the Install and your websites.

This is the best way to have a Clean Uninstall and a Clean Install.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your direct download links, I downloaded the latest Flash Player version and installed it without any problems or need to disable any security software.

No one should have to hunt around to find a working download link. The indirect link Adobe provides was useless and frustrating. No alternative was offered or could be found. Therein lies the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well I can't do anything about your complaint. Perhaps you could contact them and make that suggestion.

I stay busy here trying to help users with their various problems.

Glad you had a successful Install.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2010 Mar 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to the one that started this thread:-)

Thanks for marking it answered as I'm sure it will receive a lot of hits.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Thanks.

I don't need a f*****g DLM.

TommyZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people do not need the offline installers; they just follow the link from any Flash sites, or from the main Adobe website.  This will automatically install the correct Flash Player for their hardware platforms and browsers.

In cases where the offline installer is needed, e.g. when difficulties with the normal install arises, then the download links are readily available in the troubleshooting article that eidnolb linked to in an earlier reply.

The links are also published on a daily basis in this forum, and there is no need to sign up to read these posts.  It is really not such a difficult "hunt" to find the offline installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your direct links are no longer supported by Adobe.

Is the reason for script errors that Java Run Time is required for online updates & downloads & if so why does Adobe not inform of the Java software requirement & its absence ?

Has there ever been an explanation of the Java requirement & for no direct downloads links ?

It's incomprehensible that a provider of such ubiquitous and successful software does not prempt these hundreds of duplicate forum link questions with official faqs of thelr own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is absolutely no requirement for the Java runtime to download or install Flash Player.

The direct download links are published multiple times every day in this forum; there is no need to resurrect a 2½ year old topic for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to the direct link to the Debian Linux Flash Player Installer????? I prefer to use a .deb installer than APT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines