• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 'Not Responding' when properties tab is used.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2011 Oct 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thought I'd share my revelation with you all in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I have just spent the past 2 days trying to figure out why Adobe Captivate 5.5 freezes whenever I try to use most of the options in the properties tab. I have a fairly robust system running windows 7 x64, incorporating a quad core processor, 8gb ram and 2 x 8gb graphics cards. I had tried everything including a complete re-instalation of all my Adobe software, only to discover that I have been a bit daft.

You see, eventually, I came to realise that it only froze when I was trying to adjust the properties of objects that had text in them. Upon checking my 'Fonts' folder I realised that I had over 4000 fonts installed. Initially I tried hiding all but the system fonts but this seemed to achieve nothing so I moved all of the non-system fonts to another folder and 'Hey Presto' Adobe Captivate now works like a dream.

Don't know why it froze when I tried to adjust any of the properties (not just the font) but it did. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to manage all of my fonts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this solution!  You may have saved someone else a lot of headache.

I also suggest that you mark this post as Answered (people look for ones that have a solution) and that you also log an enhancement request with Adobe so that perhaps they can do something in future versions to remove this limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r

Thanks for that. I'll look into it.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod

No probs. I felt so relieved after figuring it out that I just wanted to share it with the world.

I logged in to try to set it to answered but I think it can only be set to a question in the first 15 minutes after generation. If you know of a way around this, please let me know and I'll change it.

Also, could you point me in the right direction to log an enhancement request.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally it has to be the person that logged the issue that marks it as answered.  I don't log too many issues myself, so I can't remember how that's done.

Here's the link to the enhancement request page: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might consider trying a freeware application called Font Frenzy.

Click here to view the site

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i was having same problem but now worls fine since i optimized the advance toold options <a href="http://imp4hub.com/">Free Mp4 Movies Download </a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources