• Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2011 5:42 PM   in reply to ebellit

It’s a CS5.5 file.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2011 7:09 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Yes, it is, but oddly I don't have trouble on my desktop opening the 5.5 files in CS5. Guess I'll just have to upgrade the whole shebang to 5.5.

Sent from me

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2011 7:14 AM   in reply to ebellit

ebellit, CS5.5 files simply do not open in CS5. Not for you, not for anyone.

It is not uncommon for people to be confused about which version they are running when. And sometimes double-clicking the file in the Finder or Explorer does not open in the version you expect, and also the appearance of the file icon does not faithfully reflect what version saved the file. This leads to...mass confusion.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2011 7:21 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

Thanks, all for the insight. DH just told me that we probably have the auto-update on the desktop but not in the laptop, so the desktop has 5.5 and I didn't even know it. As you can tell, technology isn't my forte.

Sent from me

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2011 7:25 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

Windows icons do indeed accurately reflect what version created the file as long as that version and/or later versions are installed.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Hi Peter,

I am having a similar plug-in issue as some of these people.  I am a Mac user on CS4 & the file opens for EVERY other computer in our office but mine (all Macs on CS4 as well) so it is definitely not an issue with use of a newer version.  I keep getting the following update plug-in error:

Screen shot 2012-02-07 at 4.30.25 PM.pngScreen shot 2012-02-07 at 4.30.44 PM.png

However no one else in my office has ever delt with this issue so I am unsure where to even start.  I have CS5 on my laptop & would be able to edit from there, but of course that poses the issue of no one else being able to use the file once edited from there.

Any suggestions on where to start with the plug-ins?  There are SO many!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to VeganHousewives

Is your version of CS4 patched to at least 6.0.5 (latest patch is 6.0.6)?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 2:03 PM   in reply to VeganHousewives

Try opening it in CS5 without saving it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to [Jongware]

You guys are all way too emotional  Too funny!  With that being said... what a rip-off this program is!  Not compadible from version to version...LAME.  Adobe is already over priced and they cannot for the life of them offer a good value for stock holders.  So they suck you for every penny they can.  Bad corporate tactics = shotty software. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to urbanmannet

It's fully compatible from one version to the other..it's just not backward compatible to all versions. In fact, CS5.5 is backward compatible to two versions, something no other pagelayout application can do.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to [Jongware]

I am having the same problem as the individual above but I am taking a CS4 document created by another company and I also have CS4 but the file will not open due to a plug in problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Lauren E Richardson

Are you sure it's a CS4 file? You can find out using this script: Adobe Forums: [Ann] Identify Your InDesign File

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points