Skip navigation
sfc321
Currently Being Moderated

Russian and Chinese text in Fireworks/Flash

Oct 3, 2011 5:34 AM

Hi -

I have a MS Word document provided by a translation company. It is the translation of our Flash website, which we are trying to make available in Russian and Chinese.

The document reads fine on my Mac (using Open Office) how ever when I copy and paste sections of it into my Fireworks images it just throws up a bunch of wrong characters. I am guessing that Fireworks (and Flash too) will need to have the appropriate font installed but have no idea how this is achieved. Is this what a 'Language Pack' is all about, or is that just to make the actual application available in that language - ie menus etc.

Finally, when it comes to importing Russian text or Chinese text into a 'dynamic' Flash movie via an external XML file, are there any further considerations to make?

I would be very grateful for any advice here.

Many thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2011 6:25 AM   in reply to sfc321

If the document loads fine in Open Office then I suggest use some screen grabber like Jing so that you can create the picture of what you want and this can then be opened in fireworks without any problems.

Jing is available free from here:

<http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/>

Hope this helps (hth)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2011 9:45 AM   in reply to sfc321

There is a computer application which i would like to suggest you for importing Russian text or Chinese text into a 'dynamic' Flash movie via an external XML file--QuarkXPress.

It is an application for creating and editing complex page layouts in a What You See Is What You Get environment. It runs on Mac OS X and Wndows.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points