Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2010 : PDF Maker Pane is missing in ribbon

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After upgrading from MICROSOFT Office 2007 to 2010, I notice that PDF Maker is missing in Office Ribbon.

I tried Repairing & Reinstalling ADOBE Acrobat 9.0 (+ Update to 9.3.2) but still the same problem.

Another try :

Fresh install of Windows XP SP3 + Office 2010 Pro + Acrobat 9.0 + Acrobat Update to 9.2.0 + Acrobat Update to 9.3.2

Same Problem

COM Addin is active but PDF Maker Pane is missing in Office 2010 Ribbon.

I tried soluce in article 330984 (kb) but without success.

... so is Acrobat PDF Maker Addin is compatible with Office 2010 Pro (Word, Excel, ...) ?

Is there a fix or should I wait next patch from ADOBE ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

See http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/faq/#item-9

To read this :

Will Acrobat 9 be updated to support Office 2010?

Adobe plans to add support for its Acrobat PDFMaker  technology for Office 2010 in the next major version of Acrobat.* We  have not made any announcements about updating Acrobat 9 PDFMakers for  Office 2010.

*This FAQ contains forward-looking  statements, including those related to Adobe's future product plans,  that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual resul

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, the same problem(s) here, using Windows 7 (64-bit) and Office 2010 Pro.

The PDF Maker pane did appear once (although it never worked) before disappearing, never to be seen again...

I completely re-installed the very latest version of Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, but all to no avail…

So, if anyone has a fix, then I’d love to hear from you…

Many thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called technical support this morning and they were less than helpful. Off the bat they stated to me that they currently DO NOT support Office 2010 yet. But their support engineers are currently working on a fix to the problem. I asked when they anticipate the fix will be made public. No estimate given.

I then asked how will we be notified when the fix is available and he said it will be announced on "the website". (Could that possibly be more ambiguous?) I said the Adobe website is a pretty big place, could you narrow it down for me. He put me on hold, then came back and said "the Forum".

I must tell you, it didn't exactly give me a "warm n fuzzy" feeling.

So I guess we'll see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the tech guy seeming to be pretty vague, it sounds promising that they (Adobe) at least appear to know there's a problem... and a possible fix on the way...

So, many thanks, MisterWenchie, for your help and post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before posting in this forum, I called french technical support. The only answer was : this is a MICROSOFT problem but you can post your question on our forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also called tech and received totally useless answers. After asking if a patch was being worked on the tech person put me on hold for about 5 minutes.  He then came back on to suggest that I downgrade my version of office.  Time frame for the fix? He was unable to even give me a ballpark answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to all of the posts on this topic, the problem will be fixed with AA10. Nothing is expected for AA9. It has been said multiple times on this forum with the quotes from Adode. As far as the Adobe support, they tend to be clueless to most things -- leading folks to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add my two cents as well.

The BETA version of office 2010 did not have this problem.  Not sure what would change that would rendor this in opperable!  Come now Adobe, don't blame it on Microsoft especially when you work with them to make sure your software works with theirs!

So, guess well send a note off to Microsoft as well to get it working.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why tell off Adobe here in a Users forum? It may be that Adobe is still trying to get things working correctly with Office 2010. As far as I can see, OFFICE 2010 is still in beta version. With the base level of interactivity that Adobe must program to work with PDF Maker, I am surprised it works. In fact, I would not be surprised if it worked and Microsoft figured out a way to mess it up. What do you want after the Adobe-Microsoft lawsuit. OK, that is all conjecture, but do you really expect products to be finalized while Microsoft is still in the development stage. In addition, I suspect the fix will be AA10, not AA9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I say to ADOBE Technical Suppport, MICROSOFT Office 2010 is RTM since 16.04.2010, available to MICROSOFT MSDN & TECHNET subscribers since 22.04.2010 and to MICROSOFT OPEN subscribers since 27.04.2010.

I use Office 2010 Professional 32 bits RTM not beta so don't tell me you're using a beta version. Beta version was affected by this problem too ... so why anticipate and see the reason of this problem not to fix it in beta stage but to know that there is a problem.

In my case, I'll won't buy AA 10 just to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laurent, You are correct. the RTM has been out since April. Not sure what the other person was talking about before you.

As for the add-in for the Beta.  Apparently I must not have used it in the Beta, until today.  The TAB is there at the top of the Ribbon, but any time you click on CREATE, it doesn't do anything and then when you click on Preferences it CRASHES the office program.

So, the Add-in is there, looks really good in the Ribbon Bar, BUT - Adobe!?! It doesn't work!

I've sent several messages to Microsoft through BETA program, if they are still listening to that I don't know, but hopefully.

But hopefully - Adobe is listening here!

And I'm with ya, I just bought Adobe Acrobat Pre Ext. 9.0 for another computer, SO, i'm not going to go out and buy version 10 just to make this work either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/faq/#item-9

To read this :

Will Acrobat 9 be updated to support Office 2010?

Adobe plans to add support for its Acrobat PDFMaker  technology for Office 2010 in the next major version of Acrobat.* We  have not made any announcements about updating Acrobat 9 PDFMakers for  Office 2010.

*This FAQ contains forward-looking  statements, including those related to Adobe's future product plans,  that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to  differ materially. For a discussion of these and other risks and  uncertainties, individuals should refer to Adobe's SEC filings. Adobe  does not undertake an obligation to update forward-looking statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Office 10 is a new product and 3rd party software companies do not publicly release programs for beta versions, the beta version may be different than the final production release and this could render the entire beta version of their program useless.

This is the case for digital cameras that produce RAW or sensor images of the pictures and the vendors of image editing programs. This does not apply to Jpeg, Tiff, and DNG images that are standardized. It can even take the manufacturer of the camera several weeks to several months to provide a suitable image editor for a new camera.

I find it useful to wait before jumping on the new version bandwagon to find out if there are major problems with the programs on some systems and to allow time for the development of additional features. Even though the program has gone through beta testing on many systems, the test are nowhere exhaustive of every possible combination of hardware and software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gkaiseril,  i'm not just jumping the new Office 10 bandwagen.... If you'll read above.... the are many clients that actually have the FINAL release of the product!  That includes myself.

If the final is out - which it is.... then why doesn't Adobe have the correct Add-in?  That is what we are questioning!

Again... I HAVE THE FINAL PRODUCT... not just the BETA (I use both).

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programming required to meet the need is likely very time intensive. Just think of how long MS spent developing OFFICE 2010 that many might consider just a little update to OFFICE 2007. Don't expect Adobe to resolve all the issues and test them overnight. It would be nice if it worked, but it is likely just going to take time. They may have gotten it working fine for the beta and then something critical changed in the final version from MS that requires a total regroup. I am not trying to apologize for Adobe, but am trying to be realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Adobe now also has the final  copy of MS Office 2010, so they can start the process to add new code to support MS Office 2010. This is not an easy task as Adobe  needs to not only add the code for Office 2010 but has to do it in a way that does not cripple the existing installed products and have the instalation integrate the appropriate code. This could be with just an update to Acrobat 9, 3 products, or a whole new version.  And this update will also include a number of fixes to minor problems and a coordinated update to Adobe Reader.

Have you written any Office macros in VBA? If so, thne yuo may need to check them to see if they work in OFfice 2010. At work I use Office 97 to access a database using an extensive Office application because it just to complex to rewrite in Offixe XP. My emplyer is still buying machines with Windows XP because it is to costly to upgrade all their applications, drivers, and hardware to Windows Vista or 7.

In the past Microsoft has more than once changed the scripting language in a new release of MS Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE Response : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84399.html

In a few words : Upgrade to next major version of Acrobat to have it (not free of course) or forget it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft does not give out free versions of its new Microsoft Office versions, so why should Adobe?

Adobe in the past has provided an upgrade version at a reduced cost for registered owners of Acrobat.

If you want free look at OpenOffice.org's office suite. It has the capability of creating forms in its Doc program and then exporting them as PDFs along with the form fields in the Doc document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A major upgrade for only an addin to

update (very little part of ACROBAT) even with a reduced price, it's too much paid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go back to OFFICE 2007 if you need the PDF Maker at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>Bill said: Then go back to OFFICE 2007 if you need the PDF Maker at this point.

This type of response is typical from a company that considers its customers need them, and not the other way round. It's not the first time I've heard that tone from Adobe, and it does no credit to the company.

I have a new computer with Office 2010 installed; I didn't "jump on" any "bandwagon", it just arrived that way. I have Adobe Acrobat 8 profesional, that was purchased for an enormous sum, seeing it's basically a conversion utility. I am losing hope of recouping the investment of my company. I'll probably have to end up using a freeware conversion tool. Thank you for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a User 2 User forum and company employees are identified as such.

There is a reduced price for upgrading from previous venisons.

Part of the problem lies with Microsoft and their products forcing 3rd parties to revise their products for changes in MS products.

Windows XP systems are still being sold to large commercial clients and they are forcing MS to continue to support Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has indicated that there will be changes in collaboration and Adobe has always added new features or functionality with each major release.

I have suggested a free resource for creating PDFs from MS Office documents that you can download.

Adobe provides Reader for free and has released the PDF standard to the public.

Grow up!

There is not free lunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following article explains some of the problem and possible wor

karound...

http://ptihosting.com/blog/it-blog/microsoft-office-2010-rtm-and-adobe-acrobat-incompatible/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines