• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't files open in Camera Raw from Bridge?

Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open files in Camera raw from Bridge but get the following message.

"Bridge's parent application is not active."

Both Bridge and CS5 are open and I have opened camera raw previously.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Camera Raw do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Version 6.2.

If I double click on a .NEF image in Bridge then it opens into Camera Raw.

It I right click or use the icon to "Open in Camera Raw..." the I get the error message.

I would like the option to open JPG files in Camera Raw so I could batch process some adjustments on my old files, particularly my photos taken underwater.

Thanks for your help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're getting the "parent" error message. With regarding to editing JPEGs, though, you can do that by visiting the Camera Raw preferences. At the bottom of the dialog is a section titled "JPEG and TIFF Handling". Set the JPEG popup menu to "Automatically open all supported JPEGs" so that you can open your JPEG images into ACR (instead of directly into PS, for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the settings as you suggested but can't see how to open jpegs in Camera Raw. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ozanota01 wrote:

I have changed the settings as you suggested but can't see how to open jpegs in Camera Raw.

With the suggested changes, with the Photoshop application open, the choice of File - Open in Photoshop and picking a JPEG file will cause the JPEG file to be read into the Camera Raw plug-in, where you'll have the choice to use the controls there on it.  That has nothing to do with Bridge, and may explain your difficulty with the answer.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with the same problem. I worked  in Camera Raw from Bridge, and since last week, I receive the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doble clicked on the DNG file in Bridge and it appears also. but if I open it in Photoshop, at first the image is opened in camera raw so it works but not in Bridge. any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i have just the same problem. And it also happens when i want to copy development settings from a adjusted raw-file. Alot of different things won't work. Almost half the options in right-click is stopped by this strange error.

I doubt it can have anything with the raw-file converter to do since it's no problem to open with doubleclick.

So, ADOBE, what is the problem here?

Just for the record, both Photoshop and Bridge is open when this happens and i got my CS5 Design Premium only a week ago.....so i'm scratching my head and cursing at the same time here.

This is a work-PC with Windows XP Professional if that matters.

Really hope ADOBE or some other smart people can come up with a sollution for this problem....really soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Can anybody have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed this problem with installing the new Adobe Patch Installer. Apparently there was a shitload of little bugs that needed fixing and our problem was one of them...so now everything works perfectly.

Here's the link to the download area.: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4733&fileID=4431

Hope it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the Patch Installer and it didn't help me with the "Bridge's Parent Application is Not Active" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use cs4 and recently had to reinstall my software after a hardware problem and hardware replaced. Never had a problem before. I now get the same error code as mentioned in first complaint. It will not let me open camera raw at all. I have print orders for costomers due TODAY! Starting to make me mad. Expensive software we pay for and we can't use! Nothing makes me more mad! SO HOW DO WE FIX IT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you reinstalled CS4 did you do all the updates for Photoshop via the Adobe website?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this fixed?  I'm running into the same problem now too?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General question, but worth asking:

Have you updated your software to the latest release?  That would be Photoshop CS5 12.0.4 (or 12.1) and Camera Raw 6.4.1.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  I have figured out on what to do.  I did update by logging on to CS4, then clicked on the Help button in the toolbar, clicked on "Updates" .. once it updated that, the Camera Raw update I had uploaded from the Adobe site worked.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem! I tried everithing from forum suggestions. Nothing worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, though now in Bridge, all jpegs are opening up in RAW first!!

Wedding Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution: copy and replace the file: amtlib.dll from program files/adobe/photoshop cs5/ folder to program files/adobe/bridge cs5/ folder You need to have permissions to do this. Hope will solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

familistu2000 wrote:

Found the solution: copy and replace the file: amtlib.dll from program files/adobe/photoshop cs5/ folder to program files/adobe/bridge cs5/ folder You need to have permissions to do this. Hope will solve your problem.

Basic question:  How is it that you expect those files to differ?

When your software is installed by Adobe's installer, they match already.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GUYS, HERE IS THE FIX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEuy_i7aNto   ---- I TRIED IT AND IT WORKD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video shows replacing a current DLL file with one from last year - the key issue being that the files found in the Bridge and Photoshop folders are DIFFERENT.

Why would this be?  I checked a PS CS5.1 installation myself and the files are already the same.

Is there an illegitimate copy of Photoshop being used or something, causing these files to differ?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah this is just because I haven't fully updated my bridge yet, but the solution still works fine

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:25:37 -0600

To: davidrocks@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: Why won't files open in Camera Raw from Bridge?

Re: Why won't files open in Camera Raw from Bridge?

created by Noel Carboni in Adobe Camera Raw - View the full discussion

The video shows replacing a current DLL file with one from last year - the key issue being that the files found in the Bridge and Photoshop folders are DIFFERENT. Why would this be? I checked a PS CS5.1 installation myself and the files are already the same. Is there an illegitimate copy of Photoshop being used or something, causing these files to differ? -Noel

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Camera Raw by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update hosts File which you may find under C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

First you should Quit Adobe Bridge & Photoshop

You Need to Enter # in front of each adobe entries

for instance if you see

127.0.0.1          activate.adobe.com

change it to

#127.0.0.1          activate.adobe.com

& than save it

You might have trouble opening it so open this file with notepad than make changes & save it under same location with same extension.

It may ask you to replace this with previous file, Click on Yes

Relaunch photoshop than launch Adobe Bridge

It should fix this problem    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines