Skip navigation
Lin Sebastian Kayser 15 posts
Oct 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Welcome to the SpeedGrade Discussion Group

Oct 4, 2011 2:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to welcome everyone to the SpeedGrade Forum here at the Adobe Community. If you are an existing IRIDAS SpeedGrade customer, we look forward to your feedback, questions and workflow challenges.

If you are not yet a SpeedGrade user, we look forward to your ideas and suggestions for what you would like to see in Adobe's future products.

Cheers,

Lin

Lin Sebastian Kayser

Director Engineering

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2011 3:10 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Hello,

Welcome to the SpeedGrade discussion group. Please let us know if you have any questions, feedbacks or concerns!

Best,

Dennis

Dennis Weinmann | Adobe Systems | Software Quality Engineer

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2011 5:00 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Hey,

I'm really excited about all those news from Adobe in the last few weeks. I think you are heading in the right direction

I haven't used any of the Iridas software so far. I just saw a few demos on youtube and watched a friend of mine use framecycler in Nuke. My first imression is that it looks a lot different from all the software I have used so far. It wasn't really intuitive for me. The hardest part will be the accommodation into the rest of the suite.

I think Stu made some really good suggestions on how to integrate SpeedGrade in his blog post. Maybe start with something like the current workflow between PP and Audition and then integrate it more and more into PP and AE. Speaking of AE maybe you could also add scopes and all those nice measurment instruments we need for grading also right into AE in the next release

It would also be nice to have FrameCycler available as a standalone program (as soon as possible) as well as integrated into Bridge. I think Bridge is a good program but at the moment lacks so many functions video professionals need.

Best

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 4:57 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Hi Lin, Patrick, Dennis and all others from the team,

I am happy to have back a SpeedGrade forum where we can still elaborate on our favorite grading software and how it will evolve now into and within Adobe product lines.

I have many ideas how this all should integrate from my users and own teams perspective. It will be interesting how close the reality will get. We will surely see interesting discussions. And hopefully the same kind of personal meetings we had in the years before.

Good luck with these projects.

Cheers,

Axel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 5:04 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

back on track!

It's good to know that nobody got lost and we are very excited about upcoming Speedgrade releases.

Cheers,

Stefan

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 5:39 AM   in reply to Axel Mertes

Hi Axel,

I was rather sure you'd be amongst the first 10 to post on the new forum Great to see you back!

As for meeting face to face: we're still in the same office in Munich, Georgenstraße right across the street from ARRI. Stop by any time you're in the area.

Cheers,

Patrick

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 6:34 AM   in reply to Patrick J. Palmer

Granted

Axel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 7:10 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

I´m here, too!

And i´m really  curious about the future of Speedgrade.

Hope to see you soon,

André

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 9:21 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Thanks Patrick for the nice visit to Calgary this week.  I am looking forward to the Beta.

Jeff August

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 8:06 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Welcome to the SpeedGrade discussion group, if you have any concerns or questions do not hesitate to contact us.

cheers,

Duy-Anh

Duy-Anh Pham | Adobe Systems | Software Quality Engineer

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 3:55 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Hey Lin and all the rest, 

Glad that I finally found my way into the SpeedGrade forum. I've missed sharing with you guys and I'm happy to see the group is back together. 

Really happy too about the good things to come from this new union.

Hope you all are well.  Stay in touch!

Cheers,

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2011 3:04 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Hi Everyone. My name is Dara Yem. I've been in the post business for almost 14+ years and come across many cool tools at work. Avid..Syphony..MC..Smoke..Flame...and yes there was one call Jaleo SGI..(rip.! haha bad cutsomer service Jaleo have.. not to mention the SGI Onyx 2 $$$$). I just recently jump on the Adobe Premiere Pro bandwagon..(I'm still on Avid MC also) after NAB 2011. Two things that really got me was CUDA and Mercury.. I saw the demo at NAB I was like dam that Avid Nitris DX power for less than $2-4K (evil grind).. I was even more happy when I saw my Nvidia GTX285 was one of the supported GPU...now that you guys got Iridas technology I can't wait what goodies are coming...BUT please have some sort of training ready for the Iridas products... support multi-GPU...talking about process power and diffrent cards vendor...Suppor Tangeant Element /Avid Artist Series control panels..

Thanks

Dara Yem

Adobe CS5/Avid MC6/FCS2/Resolve 8.1

P.S Adobe can you  pleaseeeeee add Cambodia to the "Choose your region". You got all the other country in South East Asia but not my old country...what give? 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2011 8:44 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

After watching the a first demo on no stupid questions (adobe tv) im very curious about speedgrade. When will we be able to test it out? Maybe release a demo/beta version (with watermarks) of the software so that all the people who have never touched speedgrade and it's unique interface can get up to speed when it will be available in the production premium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2011 11:02 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

I have a movie to grade in Jan/Feb 2012... probably too early for SpeedGrade, unfortunately.

<-- sad panda

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2012 7:27 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Rapidly approaching the need for a solution such as SpeedGrade. Any word on when this will be available?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 2:41 AM   in reply to wonderspark

Hi Wonderspark,

as a publicly traded company we can't comment in any way on future products and release dates.

If you're interested in getting an insight on our road map I'd be happy to send you a non-disclosure agreement that will allow us to share non-public info with you.

Please contact me directly if you'd like to sign an NDA.

Thanks for your continued interest in SpeedGrade!

Best regards,

Patrick

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to Patrick J. Palmer

Hi Patrick,

so, I signed an NDA a while ago...

and you've got my email address

cheers,

dirk

++ UPDATE ++

So I got the good news that it should be within a few weeks that we get something pre... to checkout.

And also that Patrick has a relatively small but good and healthy looking reason to stay a bit more offline lately...

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jan 29, 2012 6:41 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Excited about the future expansion of the Adobe tool set. I love Adobe products and I'm really looking forward to SpeedGrade.

I'm already using Color and DaVinci Resolve, and the biggest challenge with Resolve on the PC is moving from Premiere to Resolve since there is limited codec support. So, something that is better integrated with Premiere Pro would make a welcome addition to my workflow.

I just hope that SG is as comfortable with native camera workflows as Premiere Pro is.

BTW, if Patrick sees this: how can I get in on the NDA road map action?

-Julian

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

As a DP, I'm hoping to use Speed grade for my One-Light, Best Light and then finishing Color grading. At the college I teach we have several formats and I hope Soeed GRade will allow working on clips from DSLR to R3D, even Cinema DNG (AS RAW!!)

Bear

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

I recently attended the Supermeet in Las Vegas where Colin Smith was able to give me a one on one basic overview of what Speedgrade was, and what it was going to do in terms of revolutionizing color correction, and specifically my stereo 3D workflow. Dave Helmly warned me that it was going to be a beast to learn, and that Colin would blow me away if I gave him a couple of minutes, boy was he RIGHT about Colin, and it was actually quite easy to pick up and understand just from watching Colin do a couple of examples! I am officially moving all my stereo 3D color correction work to speedgrade as of delivery of the software. I bought CS5.5 30 days before NAB so I've been told I'm covered on the upgrade, so I can't wait to receive the download link!

Patrick please add side by side as a display output feature so that I can feed my stereo monitor video from speedgrade project.

That was really the only thing I could find missing.

Best,

Remy Medranda

www.stereoscopicfilmmaker.com

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to filmprofessorbear

Hi Bear,

SpeedGrade will indeed allow you to work on clips from DSLR to R3D and CinemaDNG in its native RAW format.

Cheers,

Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

Hello,

I have a proble with Speedgrade and I don't know where ask my question.

(I'm not really comfortable with this software)

Everytime I try an export, Speedgrade show an error message :

Render 0%

Could not render frame : 137 internal error (0x15)

I tried different exports with different video formats and different settings and I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your help

Euphemie

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 12:59 AM   in reply to Oeuf-et-mie

Hey Euphemie,

please make sure your SG have the latest patch

>Settings>Registration>Updates.

please give me additional infos about:

System, Input Format, Desired Output Format...

Thanks,

Duy-Anh

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to DuyAnhPham

System : Mac OS X 10.7.4 (Lion)

Input Format : H.264

I tryed to export as H.264 too (for test) but my problem was to try many formats to find one which keep the most definition and color space.

I would keep same image before and after color correction in order to send it in After Effects.

I read things about PNG sequence and DPX. I don't know which is better.

What is the better way to send a video through Speedgrade to After ?

(I will re-try after upgrading, thanks for advise)

Euphemie.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to Lin Sebastian Kayser

When buying Iridias, Adobe also got the rights to Framecycler Pro. Any chance that this tool will also be available for us in the near future?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)