• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New flash(11.0) crashes computer

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is only 2 months old (WIndows 7) and was working fine. Then I updated adobe flash to the latest (which I believe is 11.0) and now when I play a video (on you tube... but it happens on other sites that uses flash), the video will play for about 3 seconds and then a terrible sound happens and it goes to the blue crash screen. This is consistant, every time the same thing. I reverted back to the system before the update, but it continued to do the same thing. I uninstalled the new flash, reinstalled it and the same thing.

I did see someone with a similar problem, and we both have the NVIDIA GEForce video card. Also, on the blue screen, I did see a message that there was a time out when accessing the NVIDIA, so I'm guessing it has someting to do with that.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update:

I was looking (some more) thru this forum and found this advice:

"

Re: Cannot view videos with flash player 11  

I was having the same problem and this is how I solved it. This worked for me—it may not work for you.
First go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and install Adobe Flash Player for your computer.
Click to open Internet Explorer.

1. Click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons. 
  2. Under Add-on Types, click Toolbars and Extensions.  
  3. Under Show,  
    • To display a complete list of the add-ons on your computer, click “All add-ons” on the left bottom under “Show”.
      Under “Name” go to “Adobe Systems Incorporation” select “Shockwave Flash Object” right click on “Disabled” and click on “Enabled”
      Also make sure “Shockwave ActiveX” is also “Enabled:
  4. When you're finished, click Close.

marv70"

Even tho my problem was a litte different, I tried it. The only thing was that both the flash and active x were enabled already. So I toggled it (disabled and then enabled) and closed. Then I tried a youtube video and it worked! We'll see if it stays that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't help also try to update your graphics card driver.  This sounds like a driver crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my next thing to try, but since the computer is new, all the software is updated... but you never know. The crashes started immediately after updating to the new Adobe Flash. Anyway, it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but it was not resolved by toggling the flash add-on in IE8. Specifically, when I run movies on hulu.com on XP SP3 in IE8, Firefox(7.0.1), or Chrome(14.0.835.202) with flash 11.0.1.152 and the latest nvidia geforce 9400 GT driver v280.26 (latest), the tab takes up at least 200,000 K of Memory, and sooner than later freezes my computer. Sometimes I get the blue screen with the following error: "STOP 0x0000008e (0xe0000001, 0xf8908925, 0xb79ee880, 0x00000000)". Sometimes Chrome will say that the plug-in is unresponsive, but the computer will completely freeze if I try to stop the plug-in. For some reason, hulu.com crashes sooner when I'm logged in. I reintalled firefox & chrome (but didn't delete the dir in the programs folder) and reinstalled flash for both IE and non-IE browsers. I tried running Chrome with just its native flash plugin, but I had the same issues. I have few-to-none add-ons in the browsers, norton safety minder, and ClamWin AV. Not sure what to try next...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helps. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines