Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Tell us here what changes you want to see in the SpeedGrade forum.

Sep 30, 2011 2:58 PM

Welcome to the new SpeedGrade user-to-user forum.

We're just getting started here, so there are very likely things that we'll need to add or change to make this forum as useful as it can be for you. Let us know what changes you'd like to see.

Content from the previous IRIDAS SpeedGrade forum has not been ported to this new forum.

If there is content from that forum that you would like to see made available, let us know, and we'll see what we can do.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 5, 2011 2:03 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

Hi,

I'm long time user now... It's simply a great tool.

As simple wish list I would like to see :

- TRUE 64-bit version on MacOSX as Linux.

- Dual GPU Card for one Graphic Card per output device = One for GUI + one for Monitoring.

- OpenCL or CUDA support.

- Full EXR workflow with RT playback in 2K.

- ACES Workflow (including IDT & ODT).

- Reel Secondary

- In/Out Tracking & Mask export / import.

Waiting some feeback from you SpeeGrade Team.

All the best.

Fred

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2011 2:27 PM   in reply to Fred Savoir

Thanks, Fred.

This thread is meant for requests about the forum itself, not the SpeedGrade software. There's another thread about improvements to the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 5:05 AM   in reply to adobe-admin

I think we need subsections for the "old" legacy products, pretty much like the old forum was organized.

I understand that this forum is now the official end user forum, right?

We are also interested in seeing a beta forum as well (as we currently see it with other Adobe apps) so we can participate there as well. Please take notice

I am sure that is a LOT of useful information in the old forums. Maybe there is a way of having that old content get consolidated in terms of digest PDF for "new" users to use search within. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to let one dig through thousands of text entries manually to find the useful information, especially as much of this changed over time as "work in progress". Tipps from 2 years ago may be completely useless now with newer tools, and so on. So I vote for pumping out the old content into a PDF or something, so we have that all "at hand". Honestly, as we long term users didn't know of the deal before it happened, all that information was apparently gone before we could "safe it" for our own purposes. Thats what I am looking for right now.

That PDF could be linked in a sticky closed thread like "IRIDAS User Forum content until September 2011" or similar. Just an idea.

Good luck with the forum!

Cheers,

Axel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 7:11 AM   in reply to Axel Mertes

@Axel: Good idea with an pdf-archive of the old forum!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 8:41 AM   in reply to Andre Meister

I'll see what we can do regarding getting such an archive of the old forum material. It's a good idea.

|
    Mark as:
  • Lin Sebastian Kayser
    15 posts
    Oct 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 7, 2011 2:59 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Love the idea - unfortunately the mechanics involved make it impossible. The former SpeedGrade forum was a private forum, so we can't just make it public without each contributor's consent.

We are more than happy to answer any questions that come up.

Lin

Lin Sebastian Kayser | Adobe Systems | Engineering Director | Munich, Germany

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 1:46 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

Subsections would be great. I loved the 'showcase' section on the old forum.

Also a 'color science' subsection would be great, for everything purely color related.

Speedgrade has a very talented userbase and I know a lot of users would love to share their knowledge.

Laurens

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2011 2:00 AM   in reply to Laurens Orij

Hi Laurens,

I have a small off-topic (for this section of the forum) question:

You told me during IBC that you have a new Plasma from Panasonic that you found very useful. Can you tell me which model that was?

We are currently looking into getting a larger screen for our customer review sessions, and a Panasonic Plasma might be a great choice.

Happy to see you back again

Cheers,

Axel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 12:36 AM   in reply to Axel Mertes

Hi Axel,

Panasonic has two lines of plasmas, the pro plasmas and the consumer line plasma.

The best of the consumer line would be the VT30 series. We use the TX-P50VT30.

When I checked the new pre-production pro plasma, the VT30 had better color management system than the pro model.

This may have changed on the release model of the pro plasma.

The VT30 has a very large viewing angle and deep blacks.

The CMS allows you to change the primaries but also the secondaries and the gamut luminance.

It has some little color artifacts on fast moving objects.

You can interface with the CMS through ethernet and calibration software but also visual calibration against a reference monitor can give you excellent results.

Check out the review and calibration reports at http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p50vt30b-p50vt30-201106061 171.htm

Cheers,

Laurens

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 8:49 AM   in reply to Laurens Orij

Hi Laurens,

thanks for the feedback, very helpful.

Which probes do you use?

We have the Gretag MacBeth 1one pro, the 1one Display2 (HP DreamColor Version), an older Pantone Spider 2 or 3 and an old X-Rite DP92 around.

Glad that flat screens finally catch up

Cheers,

Axel

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 1:43 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

Here's what I want, and also what I don't understand...

1. Why is it that Lightroom 4 just came out and still there's no video support?

When I heard that Adobe aquired Speedgrade, I thought that Lightroom would ingest alot of it's realtime fuctionality and .look capabilities.

In addtion to that, why not make Lightroom accept LUTs? And why in gods name can ou not apply noise reduction to video in LR?

2. Speedgrade is awful at rendering.

At least for me. I'm on a beefy system, but the lack of ability to render out similar to Scratch's ability to make QT's would be nice. Metarender/nodes always crash or have some failure error regarding burn in segements.

3. Something always bugged me. In every version of speedgrade I've used the gaussian blur only blurs ever so slightly. What's with that?

4. Am I crazy or shouldn't there be the ability to export edls & AAF's from SG? There's way too much back and forth with all these programs to perform simple tasks.

5. BLENDING MODES for video tracks. PLEASE.

I Love SG. been using it for about 2 years. but I'm finding myself having to switch over to scratch now for the functionality.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

I would like to see side by side added as an ouput display option for stereoscopic display support.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 9:21 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

Please support .MTS files, Specifically the High bitrate GOP1 H.264 files from the GH-2.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to adobe-admin

Can you please make it ieasier to navigate between pages on the forum? I'd love to be able to chose the first of last page with one click. Or at least more page options.

I was trying to get to hte very beginning, the very first thread, and it took me quite a while.

Many thanks for this wonderful forum!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to dezzyford

I agree with dezzford. Some more (basic) navigation would be very welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 2:39 PM   in reply to Joost van der Hoeven

Can you change the subject line to a differnet color when I return to the main forum listing after looking at a posting, so I can see which posts I've looked at? Similar to Google Search. Thanks, Rob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)