Skip navigation
Harry Briels
Currently Being Moderated

Tutorial Lightroom 3 by Reichmann and Schewe

Oct 5, 2011 1:31 PM

What is the opinion on the tutorial by Luminous Landscape, Reichmann/Schewe: "Guide to LR 3"?

Did anybody follow the whole video course?

Nine hours of video instructions could be more than really necessary?

I studied the free preview video and got the impression that it is some kind of a loose discussion between the authors, often not to easy to understand when English is one's second language.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 5, 2011 11:47 PM   in reply to Harry Briels

lynda.com has great well structured tutorials

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 1:12 AM   in reply to Harry Briels

The tutorials on Adobe TV are very good - and free. However, if you are a believer in anything good is worth paying for, take a look at George Jardine's two tutorials covering Library and Develop modules. George was Adobe's tutorial wizard before Jullianne Kost, who does the current Lr videos.

http://tv.adobe.com/product/lightroom/

http://mulita.com/blog/

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 11:52 AM   in reply to Harry Briels

Harry Briels wrote:

I feel, based on the trial video, that both gentlemen are (for me)  sometimes difficult to understand and that they are totally unnecessary too much trying to be funny.

Sorry you hve a hard time understading us...we try really hard to have excellent audio but between an American and a Canadian, sometimes our phraseology might be a bit North American :~)

I can assure you we dive deep into using Lightoom in the rest of the tutorial...the free video is simply an intro.

As for our (my) sense of humor...well, that's just the way we (I) are (am)...

(course, I might be biased :~)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2011 6:52 AM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

I purchased and watched the earlier Lightroom tutorials a few years ago. While I agree that lynda.com has many excellent courses, and there are many helpful texts on Creative Edge, Reichmann and Schewe are masters. I would not hesitate to add their tutorial to your curriculum. Excellent stuff. (the printing tutorial is also not to be missed)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2011 2:10 PM   in reply to Harry Briels

Harry Briels wrote:

Thank you for your replies.
    However my question whether anybody has used the tutorial on LR by Reichmann and Schewe and what the opinion is on this tutorial, remains unanswered.

I feel, based on the trial video, that both gentlemen are (for me)  sometimes difficult to understand and that they are totally unnecessary too much trying to be funny.

Harry

I found the Reichman / Schewe tutorials very educational and entertaining - it was no hardship to watch the many hours of video.  The cost I also thought was very reasonable for what you received.

Now if you like your courses dry and humourless then Reichman and Schewe (particularly Jeff Schewe) are not for you.  Personally I found the raport between them highly amusing, as Michael Reichman tries to contain the exuberant Mr Schewe   On the serious side you do often get their differng views on a particular feature or way of working.  Getting more than one viewpoint allows you to evaluate the feature / idea more completely and come to your own conclusions.

Ian

Ian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points