• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 9 writes to PDF at high zoom; text is clear, images blurry

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just began happening out of the blue; to my knowledge I did not change any settings in framemaker.

When I generate a PDF in any form (distill, write directly to PDF, or save as PDF) from Framemaker 9 the resulting PDF opens automatically at 1400 percent. At this resolution, the text appears rather clear though kerned strangely.The images appear very pixelated and blurry.

I am on Windows XP 32 bit system Dell Latitude 620.

Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now its fine again. No settings changed. looks like a bug. what a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the resulting PDF opens automatically at 1400 percent. At this resolution, the text appears rather clear though kerned strangely.The images appear very pixelated and blurry.

Scaling ANY PDF up 14 times is going to show clear text and pixelated images, unless the images are very high resolution. For example, if the image is 300 dpi at its physical size on the PDF page, viewing it at 14 times is equivalent to displaying it at about 25 dpi or really 25 pixels per inch. Screen resolution is about 100 pixels per inch. So, a 25 pixels per inch image displays pixelated.

Check the Acrobat settings when you create the PDF. On the main tab, there is a setting on the magnification that the PDF should use when it is opened initially. I set this to Fit Page. I think the default is DEFAULT. It is possible that you set this to a large percentage. In any event, I doubt that what you experienced is a FrameMaker bug.

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does seem like it was a bug. The same thing happened to me. When I restarted my computer it went away. The PDF page size was only a few centimeters, but the page size in Framemaker and my export settings were 8.5x11 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines