• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detecting Flash Player in Registry

Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm making an installer(.msi) for my program with the help of visual studio 2005 tools (in Win 7 64 bit system and Win xp - 32 bit). What is the best way to detect if flash player is installed or not ? I tried doing that with the help of the registry key but it didn't work. Maybe I was not detecting the right key. Can someone give some general guidelines on detecting flash player ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Hi Varunvp,

You can detect if Flash Player is installed by using the following registry keys:

32-bit Flash Player on 32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia

32-bit Flash Player on 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia

64-bit Flash Player on 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia

Note the following:

1. It is usually sufficient to detect the 32-bit Flash Player, since the installer for 64-bit is installing both 32-bit and 64-bit Flash Players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varunvp,

You can detect if Flash Player is installed by using the following registry keys:

32-bit Flash Player on 32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia

32-bit Flash Player on 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia

64-bit Flash Player on 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia

Note the following:

1. It is usually sufficient to detect the 32-bit Flash Player, since the installer for 64-bit is installing both 32-bit and 64-bit Flash Players.

2. There are subkeys for both ActiveX (Internet Explorer) and Plugin (Mozilla-based browsers) Flash Players at the locations given above. You can detect a specific type of Flash Player by using these keys, if necessary.

For instructions on how to access the registry, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Thanks,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that Stephen. That helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines