Skip navigation
digitalhyper
Currently Being Moderated

Closed Captioning in CS5.5 not working

Oct 12, 2011 8:38 AM

Tags: #not_working #blackmagic #closed_captioning #.scc_files

I have tried this feature to no avail.  The procedure we did here was output the audio file and sent to the captioner who did their thing and sent an .scc file back.  I imported that file into premiere and nothing. We use blackmagic to output to tape and it doesn’t seem to work.  I went online and found an .scc file someone made as an example and that imported.  Of course it was a lot shorter, as our show is 28:30 long. Are there restrictions within premiere accepting .scc files?  For example.. is there some issue/bug with long format or is there an issue with how the file is exported or what the cc is created in?  I’m not as familar with that process of the actual creation of the cc files.  I like this feature and mainly why I upgraded, so can anyone give any suggestions on what to do?  The company that made the .scc file said that they have had trouble getting files to work with Premiere CS5.5.  I typically use a timeline created with a blackmagic preset.  According to the demo online of this, that shouldn't be a problem at all.  Any help on this would be great.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points