• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Comments Option Missing in Adobe Reader 9.4.0

Participant ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a PDF I downloaded online, I inserted comments using both Adobe Acrobat Pro and Nuance PDF Converter Pro.

In both the Acrobat and Nuance applications I can print the PDF with the comments just fine.

When I opened the document in Adobe Reader 9.4.0 it would not print the comments by default.

I hunted around the File > Print & Edit > Preferences dialog boxes but found no such option in Reader 9.4.  It either does not exist, or I'm not looking in the proper place(s).

I opened the same document in Adobe Reader X and I did have the option to print the comments as outlined in the instructions here (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/897/cpsid_89733.html).

On that same page however it says a comment printing options should be on both the Edit > Preferences and File > Print dialog boxed in Reader 9 but it is not.  The instructions above appear to be inaccurate.

I've tested this on multiple systems (same base OS & configuration) but the problem persists:  How does one print comments in Adobe Reader 9.4.0?  (Upgrading is not an option at this time.)

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the print dialog and select from the Comments and Forms drop-down.

Capture1.png

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  Please refer to my screenshot above.

As you can see its already set to 'Document and Markups' but in the mini-preview (thumbnail preview) of the document, it does not show the comment I have on that page.  When I actually print the document, the comments do not show up.  Conversely in Reader X when its set to 'Document and Markups' it shows the comments in the mini-preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possible courses of action come to mind.

(1) Perform a "repair" of the Adobe Reader installation.

(2) Your IT organization may have to accept the need to process the associated updates.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the speedy response!

1. The repair didn't appear to do the trick.  The Comments option under Edit > Preferences is still missing and even with the Document and Markup option still selected, it doesn't actually print comments.
    • I took it a step further & removed it completely then re-installed it but that didn't help.
  2. I am part of the IT organization .  So you're suggesting (or saying) there's a certain Adobe Reader 9.4 update that introduces this feature?  If so, do we know which specific update?  Is there a KB article, release note or change log that that covers/discusses this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines