Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Print Comments Option Missing in Adobe Reader 9.4.0

Oct 13, 2011 7:28 AM

Tags: #acrobat #reader #printing #comments #print #acrobat_reader #print_comments #print_comment #reader_print_comment #reader_print_comments #printing_comments #printing_comment #reader_9.4 #reader_9.x

Using a PDF I downloaded online, I inserted comments using both Adobe Acrobat Pro and Nuance PDF Converter Pro.

In both the Acrobat and Nuance applications I can print the PDF with the comments just fine.

When I opened the document in Adobe Reader 9.4.0 it would not print the comments by default.

I hunted around the File > Print & Edit > Preferences dialog boxes but found no such option in Reader 9.4.  It either does not exist, or I'm not looking in the proper place(s).

I opened the same document in Adobe Reader X and I did have the option to print the comments as outlined in the instructions here (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/897/cpsid_89733.html).

On that same page however it says a comment printing options should be on both the Edit > Preferences and File > Print dialog boxed in Reader 9 but it is not.  The instructions above appear to be inaccurate.

I've tested this on multiple systems (same base OS & configuration) but the problem persists:  How does one print comments in Adobe Reader 9.4.0?  (Upgrading is not an option at this time.)

Untitled.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to JuliusPIV

Open the print dialog and select from the Comments and Forms drop-down.

Capture1.png

Be well...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2011 8:11 AM   in reply to JuliusPIV

Two possible courses of action come to mind.

(1) Perform a "repair" of the Adobe Reader installation.

(2) Your IT organization may have to accept the need to process the associated updates.

Be well...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points