Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lens Profiles in Lightroom 3

Jul 20, 2011 8:18 PM

I've created a lens profile for the Olympus E-P2 M.9-18mm F4.0-5.6 lens using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. I used RAW files converted to DNG. However, I cannot figure out where to put the profile so that Lightroom recognizes it. Initially, I saved the profile to the default location chosen by the Profile Creator, but this didn't work, though Photoshop finds it with no difficulty. Can anyone help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2011 9:42 PM   in reply to rkuberek

The lens profiles created using raw DNG can only be used for raw images in LR/ACR. If you can see the profiles in PS, then the profile location is correct.

-Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2011 8:42 AM   in reply to rkuberek

Hi, did you find out how to use the lens profile in Lightroom. I have the same problem using a Leica camera.

Thanks

Lutz

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2011 1:25 AM   in reply to rkuberek

I'm using Windows 7 64x so I can't comment on a Mac but suspect the same applies. Two downloaded profiles were stored in a default user location - the same place that Lens Profile Creator would file it but the default location for Lightroom profiles was the shared profiles location.  I simply copied the only two profiles across from user location to the shared location After a relaunch Lightroom placed them at the bottom of my list.

See http://www.computer-darkroom.com/blog/lens-correction-profiles/

Quoted below

User profiles location:

• Mac OSX: /Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
    • Windows 7 or Vista: C:\User\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

orShared profiles location:

• Mac OSX: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
    • Windows 7 or Vista: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points