• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroRd32.exe Ver 10 Application error 0xc0000710 64bit win7 the fix

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel i needed to post this because upon reading the above forums,  Many folks seem to be getting this error and trying all things to fix it.

The fix is simple...and I figured it out myself by thinking as I knew from reading this newer adobe 10 was supposed to be more secure.

So I remember something somewhere else in another softare about a protected mode issue.. saw the check and wording and said what the heck lets try that..

bingo...

So

Go to

EDIT

Preferences

General

UNCHECK --> Enable Protected Mode at Startup....

YEP that is it! 

Your application error is gone,

Just for folks knowledge,

Intel I5 Chipset,

Win7 Premium 64 Bit,

4 gig of Ram

I am running the Microsoft Security Essential Antivirus. 

and a ton of other stuff on startup..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  I was also having problems with Adober Reader X.  After updating to 10.0.1, I kept getting a message after about two minutes saying Adobe Reader has suddenly stopped and then the program would close.  I had the following error message in my event viewer:

"Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 10.0.1.434, time stamp 0x4d456f48, faulting module WININET.dll, version 8.0.6001.19019, time stamp 0x4d0c5473, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0002387b, process id 0x102c, application start time 0x01cbf33fb3496067"

I unchecked enable protected mode at startup and so far it works.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that it why I posted it to help others, I noticed others in the Google Search were having same issue, I just used some knowledge, like what setting did they change from previousl and figured it out, However Since the time of that posting, I have totally rebuilt and reinstalled my laptop which had this original error on it. When I got to installing Adobe 10, I was expecting the error.. NEVER showed back up. Really weird. I don’t understand why I would have then and when I totally rebuilt the laptop on a clean install, the error disappeared because basically what I have installed into my system now is what I had installed then!

Fran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One giant thank you !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to find out the version of the Acrobat Reader installed in the system through java program, is there any file in which the version of the acrobat is mentioned in the system or through any command prompts or any plugins are there in java? Could yoou please suggest any solution for the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HUH,

Please rephrase the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remyasree wrote:

Hi,

I need to find out the version of the Acrobat Reader installed in the system through java program, is there any file in which the version of the acrobat is mentioned in the system or through any command prompts or any plugins are there in java? Could yoou please suggest any solution for the same?

That's not too easy, I'm afraid:

You need to get the file versions (it shouldn't be too difficult to find out how to do that in Java) of

1. %DirReader%\AcroRd32.exe
  2. %DirReader%\AcroRd32.dll
  3. %DirReader%\Browser\nppdf32.dll
  4. %DirReader%\plug_ins\AcroForm.api - just in case there might be a Reader 7 in the field.

where %DirReader% is the reader install directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader

Then you need to find the highest version of these files by comparing the major version, minor version, micro version and build version...

To distinguish Adobe Reader 9.4.6 from Adobe Reader 9.4.7 you need to check the file version of %DirReader%\authplay.dll. If it's 10.3.183.8, then it's Adobe Reader 9.4.6, if it's 10.3.183.11, then it's Adobe Reader 9.4.7.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using Reader 10 on Win XP. There is the exact same error message. Do you think this solution will work on Windows XP, using Reader verson 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Berting49 wrote:

Do you think this solution will work on Windows XP, using Reader verson 10?

Why don't you just try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still have the same application error when using Reader 10 with Windows XP, after unchecking enable protected mode. This happens on all the XP computers work and home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking that Adobe Reader 9, or 8 would be better with Win XP. Reader 10 is not only very slow, but still has the above described error, 9 was great. Any thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you. I found no mention of this on the Adobe web site. I just updated some of my MS Office 2007 components, and suddenly all my pdfs would not load. I re-installed Reader X 10.1.2 and got the same crap. I was ready to uninstall the office but I fortunately ran across your post first.

Thanks for saving me hours of aggravation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am now mostly using Reader 9, I have had no problems, Reader X is not for me at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - My reply post was meant for Fran-In-Ohio. Hit the wrong button. First time on this site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fran.  i was blaming all the places that I was getting email from to print out my online payments never thinking that it was actually the adobe software causing the problem.  I did what you suggeted and now everything is working fine.  Thanks again for you simple solution.  One question though, this does not affect any of the other antivirus protection right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can someone help me this error message:

1, I get this when I try and open up pdf files:

2, OS win 7 x 64 bit

---------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: AcroRd32.exe

Application Version: 11.0.2.0

Application Timestamp: 511eacd6

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 0283c45a

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines