Skip navigation
ltdr1ryder
Currently Being Moderated

Viewing Protected PDF's

Oct 18, 2011 7:24 AM

My online school locks their PDF files using Protectedpdf by Vitrium Systems. These documents require Adobe Reader to login and unlock the document upon opening the file; however I'm unable to enter my user name and password into the document (doesn't support forms?). After entering my credentials they are validated via the internet with my school and the document is unlocked. Is this a feature that could be incorporated into a future release?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2011 10:12 AM   in reply to ltdr1ryder

Hello,

Please share any sample PDF at adobereader-ios@adobe.com to enable us to understand the problem better.

Thanks & Regards,

-Gaurav

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2011 7:00 PM   in reply to ltdr1ryder

University of Phoenix Virtium protected course materials I assume?  I'll send one to that email address too?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 4:29 AM   in reply to ltdr1ryder

Thank you for asking this question ltdr1ryder. I was trying to open an ebook from UOP and was getting really frustrated, but now I know it's not something that I am doing wrong. It sure would be nice to be able to view the ebooks from the iPad and hopefully adobe will fix this soon!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2014 12:56 AM   in reply to ltdr1ryder

Great...Thank you for this info ltdr1ryder! I'm with you on wondering why Adobe didn't integrate the feature in their app, but this is a way for them to make a few dollars. Thanks again I guess I will be getting Pro...Have a good day!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points