• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2011 Calendar Template for Indesign (CS compatible)

Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of a template for a 2011 calendar for Indesign? I would like to save some time inputing dates, holidays, etc.

Much obliged if anyone has one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

I just downloaded and opened the InDesign zip file. There is a very

workable format for InDesign. I have used Photoshop with InDesign

calendars to create a photo calendar for Therapeutic Riding. The zip

file will provide good working material to create what you want.

http://robcubbon.com/free-2012-calendars-download-pdf-illustrator-indesign-files/

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open one of the older scripts you can modify it pretty easily to 2011, 2012, 2013. The script I have covers a 3 year period. I changed the dates from 2007, 2008, 2009 to 2010, 2011, 2012. You have to really search for dates carefully. I'll look at my script and see how I did it.

Edit: Lisa, I modified script I have on file. Click through my name to email me and I will send you back the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Met I would love to have a copy of the 2011 calendar if you have one. I tried to contact you privately but it says private on your email. Please reply back to [removed by moderator] if you can help me.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheryl, I removed your email from your post to keep the spam bots at bay. If you clcik on Mr. Met's avatar to open his profile you'll find you can send him a Private Message without the need to have a public email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Indesign CS4 and I need a calendar for 2011.  I need

the whole year in 12 boxes to fit into a fairly small space.  Can anyone help with something ready made?  It would be excellent if it had Australian Holidays on it.   Trisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a 2010 Calendar template here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1742022

I wonder if they are working on 2011 soon. Could be easily modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come people need scripts to do calendars?

They're very simple to do. It's just 12 text boxes

Start with January - insert a table of 5 rows x 7 columns.

Set up a paragraph style that has auto numbering enabled.

Insert the days of the week on the top row

Insert a blank return into each cell with the day starting January, which is a Saturday

When you get to 31 that's January finished.

Copy and paste that text frame, then change the month to February, starts Tuesday and ends on 28 Monday.

Just add or remove returns so that the autonumbering adds the correct date.

Then continue like that.

It couldn't be easier. You'd have it done in about 5 minutes.

It's just a matter of styling the tables and and figuring out the spacing etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done my own calendar grids. Trust me. Takes far more than 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well 5 minutes might have been a bit gracious - I've created calendar templates and I've never needed a script for it and it's been quite quick. Given that this thread is now on it's second day I'd probably have my template completed by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you have enough calendars made you can repurpose them http://whencanireusethiscalendar.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done my own calendar grids. Trust me. Takes far more than 5 minutes.

Maybe 10-20 minutes. The template that I used (which is in my post above), is setup so all you have to do is tab to the next number. Very easy to change the setup of that one without having to reformat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, easy, but also EASY TO MAKE A MISTAKE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might as well get a script to do all the layouts and designs you do then?

Seriously - a script is quite handy for this. But where's the fun in that?

How can you get a calendar wrong?

Well if you want to use a script then that's fine, I love scripts. Scripts are cool. But I was just saying it's easy to do it yourself, you learn lots and you make your own style of calendar. I guess I may have been doing them so long that it's just second nature to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post isn't visible. This happens sometimes when you post via email. You should visit the forum to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right, it took less than 5 minutes to create a month, then you just copy and change as needed. Thanks a ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes I over complicate stuff. Thank you for the succinct directions.

Sincerely & Respectfully,

Charles R. Williamson Jr.

Owner/Op

CR DESIGN Solutions

EW1(SW/MTS) USN(Ret.)

A.F. & A.M. (Warwick #336, L.M.I.P.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also appreciate a template for a calendar for next year.

I tried downloading the one offered here,

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1742022#

but when opening the zip file, I am told that either my InDesign (3.0.5) is not up to date (it is) or I don't have the appropriate plug ins. But what plug ins are needed?

Would be grateful of someone's assistance.

Jacqu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it again, and the message I get is:

In Design Content Manager

/!\  Cannot open "2010calendarcs3.indt". Please upgrade your plug-ins to their latest versions, or upgrade to the latest version of Adobe InDesign.

Neither can I figure out how clicking on the avatar gives me the ability to send a private message... (Mind you, I wasn't logged in when I tried earlier, perhaps it will work now.)

Jacqui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this calender template is fairly recent, it's most likely in CS4 format, and your older version cannot open it.

It's a good bet any calendar files for 2012 will be in CS5 format -- etc., etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can however reuse calendars from certain years http://whencanireusethiscalendar.com/?y=2011

And 2011 can be repurposed from 2005 - and a quick search on the InDesign Template website

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?searchfield=2005+calendar&search_exchange=19&search_category=-1&search_license=&search_rating=&search_platform=0&search_pubdate=&num=25&startnum=1&event=search&sticky=true&sort=0&rnav_dummy_tmpfield=&Submit=

Gives you calendars you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Hope that works.

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go back up a level, there are several calendar wizards/makers listed there as well. I have never tried them, but they may work for you:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=productHome&exc=19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad the 2005 Calendar is missing March 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines