Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with RoboHelp 8 HTM and JavaHelp

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was working with RoboHelp 7 and created help. Now I import my files in RoboHelp 8 and have some problems:

1. In design view files look just fine, but when I generate javaHelp i have some unwanted characters. At the begining of all pages and after all images in page I have ">" symbol. What should I do to lose this unwanted characters.

2. When I generate JavaHelp in Output view I get exception :

"Building Full-Text-Search data...
java.io.IOException: Can't store Document
at com.sun.java.help.search.DefaultIndexerKit.storeToken(DefaultIndexerKit.java:164)
at com.sun.java.help.search.DefaultIndexerKit.parseIntoTokens(DefaultIndexerKit.java:117)
at com.sun.java.help.search.HTMLIndexerKit$HTMLParserCallback.addContent(HTMLIndexerKit.java:1092)
at com.sun.java.help.search.HTMLIndexerKit$HTMLParserCallback.addContent(HTMLIndexerKit.java:1064)
at com.sun.java.help.search.HTMLIndexerKit$HTMLParserCallback.handleText(HTMLIndexerKit.java:411)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.DocumentParser.handleText(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.Parser.handleText(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.Parser.startTag(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.Parser.parseTag(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.Parser.parseContent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.Parser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.DocumentParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.parser.ParserDelegator.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.java.help.search.HTMLIndexerKit.parse(HTMLIndexerKit.java:116)
at com.sun.java.help.search.Indexer.parseFile(Indexer.java:259)
at com.sun.java.help.search.Indexer.parseFile(Indexer.java:271)
at com.sun.java.help.search.Indexer.compile(Indexer.java:219)
at com.sun.java.help.search.Indexer.main(Indexer.java:87)"

When I import my help in application search doesn't work. How to generate help without any exceptions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I too am experiencing the same "Java IO Exception" error when it's at the "Building Full-Text Search" part. Did you ever figure out a fix to this problem? Hope you or someone has an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm still having the same problem I was hoping to find some solution, because it is really annoying.

I've noticed that this exception occurs after some minor modification in topic text (e.g. correcting a grammar mistake). Also, after generating JAVA help and viewing the results, the topics which have "?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ? at the beginning, won’t be displayed correctly and won’t be found in the search results.

So, I was not able to find the problem, although my colleague can modify the same help projects, and won’t get the same exception. So, my PC was changed, Robo Help installed freshly, but this problem still remains .

Well, any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this thread to the Other Layouts category where it belongs as the problem is with a particular output.

I don't know the answer but hopefully SYGP or Susan Darling will come back with how they solved the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

There are two possible workarounds in this case:

1. Import the source again and do not change a thing.

2. Extract the damaged output file and delete the  "?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" line. Then compress .jar again.

Neither of these are timesavers

I'll be still hoping to see a solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the time to report a bug.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp