Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

tutorial builder will not work

Oct 15, 2011 6:13 PM

I am working on a OS X 10.7.1, with Photoshop CS 5.1

Attempting to install the scripting listener, the only file I find in Scripting/Utilities/  is ScriptingListener.plugin  - there is no file on my system with the extension .8li

The Tutorial Builder installs correctly through extensions manager, but wont show up in photoshop.  Following the scripting listener install instructions and using the .plugin file instead of the missing .8li does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 16, 2011 1:46 AM   in reply to rg3579

Have you looked under Windows > Extensions? Is Tutorial Builder not listed?

Have you copied that ScriptingListener.8li to Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-ins/Automate/ ? I don't know if Finder's search will look inside the Photoshop app, but the 8li file is in Adobe Photoshop CS5/Scripting/Utilities/. You may have to do something like Open Package Contents.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2011 9:28 AM   in reply to rg3579

Hello rg3579,

Please move the ScriptingListener.plugin file into the Plug-ins directory. The plugin has a .plugin extension on OS X. After you restart Photoshop and start using it, you should see the ScriptingListenerJS.log file show up on your desktop.

As far as the extension, please open the Extension Manager and double check that Tutorial Builder is indeed installed. If it is, I would try removing it, restarting the Extension Manager and then installing it again.

Please let me know if this helps. Sorry for the trouble.

Mira

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2011 10:17 AM   in reply to rg3579

Hello,

I am sorry you are having trouble installing Tutorial Builder. It's hard for me to troubleshoot the problem without actually looking at your system, but something may have gone wrong during the installation process. Please try reinstalling Tutorial Builder. Our internal tests with Lion are not showing any problems.

Thanks!

Mira

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points