Skip navigation
dennis_k
Currently Being Moderated

Installing Transparency Flattener Preset for Indesign Server CS4

Sep 30, 2011 9:09 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to install a transparency flattener preset for InDesign Server CS4.

I can see how they are installed for the InDesign app.  Edit -> Transparency Flattener Presets...

But I'm not sure which directory to install these on for the server.

I've seen a post that mentions:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version 6.0\en_US\Transparency Flattener Presets

/Users/<UserName>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 6.0/en_US/Transparency Flattener Presets

for the Desktop version.  But when I place files here even for the CS4 Desktop, they don't seem to show up in the UI.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dennis

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2011 10:27 PM   in reply to dennis_k

Hi Dennis,

For the desktop version you can place the flattener preset at any location of your choice, and load it just like the joboptions file. Once the preset is loaded, Indesign load's it the next time automatically from the location you had created it in.

The above mentioned paths are preferred to save the presets because one you will remember where the presets are placed and second this will allow you to backup the presets in case you trash your preferences(presets not manually saved are lost when you trash the preferences).

Hope this helps you to fix the problem.

Manan Joshi

- Efficient InDesign Solutions -

MetaDesign Solutions

http://metadesignsolutions.com/services/indesign-development.php

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers