Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

closed caption embedding

Oct 19, 2011 12:47 PM

I hope this hasn't already been covered and I've missed it. I'm trying to figure out how to embed closed captions files into an .mxf container. I figured that since the other software giants out there can do it, that AME can do it as well.

Essentially, I want to be able to select and video file and add the caption file (.scc or .mcc) to it. I know in Premiere you can attach the caption files to a sequence but it doesn't seem to go anywhere without additional hardware.

This works very simply in (sorry to say it) Sony Vegas but I can't seem to figure out an Adobe workflow.

Ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2011 2:33 PM   in reply to altcondeslx

Have you read the Help file on this?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2011 4:42 PM   in reply to altcondeslx

You can't. This is not a feature of Adobe Media Encoder or Premiere Pro.

The extent of the closed caption features were explained to you in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/913772

If you want additional closed caption features, you can submit feature requests here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2011 7:14 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

The new CC import features of CS5.5 are useless to me without the ability to embed CC in the encode.  This is the reason I purchased the CS5.5 version.  If I had known this before I purchased CS5.5 I would have saved my money.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2012 4:07 PM   in reply to altcondeslx

You were able to get Vegas do embeded CC's in your MXF?  Everything says it's possible but I can't seam to get it to work.  I just tried Premiere only to get "embededding captions is not possible with CS5.5"

Any help would be appreicated.  This is the only hold up keeping my program from going to air.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points