Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Ink Overspray on Prints: Lightroom or Epson Issue?

Aug 30, 2011 3:55 PM

I have a printing problem that has been frustrating me for some time.  Using LR3, Mac Pro with OS Snow Leopard, Epson 3880 printer.  Issue is this - when I print an image that doesn't fit precisely within the layout cell (ie. different aspect ratio, and not zooming to fill to preserve full image) there is a slight overspray that occurs on the edges between where the image ends and the balance of the layout cell.  It's very light but very noticeable.  If I modify a print template so that the image stays the same size but I just close in the open ends of the cell there is no "overspray" (for lack of a better word).

Is this an issue with Lightroom or Epson that the entire cell is being perceived as a printable area regardless of the actual image dimension?

Replies
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,387 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Aug 30, 2011 5:07 PM   in reply to Jay Mitchosky

Sounds like the version 4 ICC scum dot bug. Where did the profiles come from?

|
    Mark as:
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,387 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Aug 30, 2011 7:05 PM   in reply to Jay Mitchosky

Hum, I’d be surprised if all three where V4 created profiles. All inks are firing? If you print without a profile (use Epson Color Controls), you still get the tint?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2011 10:01 PM   in reply to Jay Mitchosky

I don't have the answer either. I just experienced the same thing printing from 10.6.8 to an Epson 9900 using CS5 and custom made v2 profiles from ProfileMaker. Ever since upgrading to SL, my CS3, which had been the most reliable way to print, has been infected with the mysterious dark bug, or is it the super dark bug. Wonderful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points