Skip navigation
MuhammadHaseeb
Currently Being Moderated

dwscriptsExtData.js

Oct 21, 2011 5:05 AM

please help me  i also have the same problem (I am having a problem tying to copy and paste using Dreamweaver. I keep getting a javascript error:

At line 56 of file C:\Program files\macromedia\Dreamweaver8\configuration\shared\scripts\dwscriptsE xtData.js

Reference error: dwscripts.js is undefined.

I all of a sudden started having this problem I reinstalled the app but still get the same thing. )

My Dreamweaver version  is 8. In configration floder i don't see all of these files WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat, MacFileCache-BFE7CE2E.dat, or FileCache..

What can i do ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2011 10:19 AM   in reply to MuhammadHaseeb

please help me  i also have the same problem (I am having a problem tying to copy and paste using Dreamweaver. I keep getting a javascript error:

At line 56 of file C:\Program files\macromedia\Dreamweaver8\configuration\shared\scripts\dwscriptsE xtData.js

Reference error: dwscripts.js is undefined.

I all of a sudden started having this problem I reinstalled the app but still get the same thing. )

My Dreamweaver version  is 8. In configration floder i don't see all of these files WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat, MacFileCache-BFE7CE2E.dat, or FileCache..

Every different installation of DW has a different 8 hex digit hash code, so look for any files named WinFileCache-XXXXXXXX.dat.

Step #4 of this TechNote tells you where to find the User Configuration folder for your OS:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405604.html#main_dat

For example, for Windows XP, look in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration

Note that the "Application Data" folder is hidden by default, so you may need to open Windows Explorer and use Tools > Folder Options..., View tab, and select "Show hidden files and folders".

HTH,

Randy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points