• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS language list in iTunes

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my game approved and listed in the app store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dice-a-rama/id441585479

One thing that bothers me is that my listing says that my game supports a huge array of languages, even though my game is only in English. In my descriptor, I only provided an English name and description.

And I'm looking through the other AIR-written apps, and I'm seeing the same thing. Looking at the iTunes Connect listing, it appears that the supported language-list is coming from a manifest inside the game, the game itself (specifically the "iphone-bundle-localisations" identifier).

Is there a way to set this in your iOS descriptor XML?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

While we are actively working on this, Following is the workaround for you which will work only on Mac.

Prerequisites:

Mac OS

Xcode installed

Process:

1. Generate the ipa using your favorite tool (FB, Flash Pro, ADT)

2. Rename .ipa to .zip and extract it.

3. you will now see a folder called Payload

4. Inside Payload you will find <binary>.app right click and select show package contents.

5. Delete all such x.lproj where x is not the language that you support

6. Run the following command

/usr/bin/codesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can modify the languages in the XML, but it seems that it makes no difference!

Really weird, I though it is just internal, but as you said it is displayed in itc and therefore it should be changeable from flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this helps in the xml:

<key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key><false/>

?

This just happens with AIR 2.6 and 2.7 and so far I could not have just one language per app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for raising the issue. As per page 64 & 65 of https://itunesconnect.apple.com/docs/iTunesConnect_DeveloperGuide.pdf, you should be able to delete languages. Could you give it a try?

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that and got an error that you cannot change your app's languages while your app is live in the app store or under review. In any case, I think those localizations you set via the iTunes Connect page are just for your listing (i.e. you could add a French description and screenshots to your listing so that French users would see a localized listing).

Best I can tell, the languages list is being pre-populated from the .IPA file itself. If you open your .IPA file in a zip program, you'll see .lproj folders for 14 languages, and I'm thinking that that's where iTunes Connect is making the assumptions about the languages you support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change those in iTunesConnect!

These info (as John said) is just for changing the description info within iTunes and is therefore separated from the languages in the app.

It seems that there is an error/bug and (from what I can see what the ipa holds), because language infos are inside the folders if they are selected from within the XML, if not there are still the language sets, but without content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to push this one again, since I just read comments from customers of an app a friend has made with air and they are complaining that they can't change the language though the description in iTunes claims it is a multilanguage app.

Is there anyone being able to just publish to one language with air 2.6 or 2.7?

This seems to be a major bug if this is not changeable and I am wondering how long Apple will accept those apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this bug and you can expect a resolution in the next release.

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear. However, I think you should think about a new release cycle. Since there are some bugs that need to be fixed really soon - and I think that just will happen if other aspects of air for different hardware will be done too. Waiting one or two more month for such an update would be hard, especially if apps don't work out because of that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my app was released a week ago and has the same problem.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/house-ball/id443807593?mt=8

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to make English the only language, or is there no way around this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tlhood,

there is nothing you can do. Sadly this is a bug since 2.6 and I think not a lot people are really aware of problems that this might cause. If you could use the language settings it would be great and I hope that this bug is caused by tests to do so (right now, I think you just might be able to use individual names to be displayed on the device), but you can't publish for different selected localizations. You will need to do that within a selection from within your app.

I really hope that a fixed update will come soon, since it is just a matter of time until you can't longer publish apps that claim to support all languages, but in reality don't do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah just realized we have the same problem, has anyone come up with a work around/fix for this? Nothing can be added to the xml to specify language's???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please hurry on this issue. I'd hate to annoy Apple. I've had one user request a refund and leave a bad review. I'd sure like to fix this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are actively working on this, Following is the workaround for you which will work only on Mac.

Prerequisites:

Mac OS

Xcode installed

Process:

1. Generate the ipa using your favorite tool (FB, Flash Pro, ADT)

2. Rename .ipa to .zip and extract it.

3. you will now see a folder called Payload

4. Inside Payload you will find <binary>.app right click and select show package contents.

5. Delete all such x.lproj where x is not the language that you support

6. Run the following command

/usr/bin/codesign -f -s "iPhone Developer: Your Name (XXXXXXXXX)" "--resource-rules=./Payload/binary.app/ResourceRules.plist" "./Payload/binary.app"

7. In above command iPhone Developer: Your Name (XXXXXXXXX) is a string you see in your Keychain. (Make sure you install your p12 into keychain before running above command.)

8. Right click on Payload and select compress

9. Rename the .zip file to .ipa

10. install this new ipa to see its installing. (If there are some errors in codesign-ing you will get error while installing the app)

Hopefully!! You should get what you needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saumitra,

I tried this and something similar, it does work to use this on an own device, but have you been able to upload it to iTunesConnect?

When I was trying it, I got a codesign error, though everything was ok with the developer infos. I compared them with the original files via the Terminal...

Application launcher always gives me errors with this solution. However, I have been heading in the same direction with a little different Terminal script. When I have time to figure out if the app really gets accepted, I will post it here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

To create the binary to upload on iTunes. There are some changes.

In step 1. while generating the ipa use the distribution mobileprovision (NOT the development mobileprovision)

In codesign step the value of -s would become "iPhone Distribution: Your Name" (Make sure you distribution certificate(p12) is installed in Keychain)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tried to upload an update v1.1 of my App "Dragon Party" ( http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/die-olchis-ein-drachenfest/id464300466?mt=8 ) to iTunes Connect.

I compiled the IPA as usual (distribution profile, app store mobile provisioning).

I wanted to kill the additional languages and used the step-by-step procedure described above, resulting in my last codesigning step:

/usr/bin/codesign -f -s "iPhone Distribution: Verlag Friedrich Oetinger GmbH" "--resource-rules=./Payload/App_Drachenfest_53_MULTI_AIR30.app/ResourceRules.plist" "./Payload/App_Drachenfest_53_MULTI_AIR30.app"

It worked like a charm, terminal told me:

./Payload/App_Drachenfest_53_MULTI_AIR30.app: replacing existing signature

I looked into the app and truly, the CodeResources in the payload were updated.

Afterwards i compressed and renamed the app again and installed the IPA on my iPad without any problems.

Then I tried to upload the app using the newest Application Loader 2.4.1 (190).

This is the result:

Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-20 um 15.11.34.png

I don't understand these errors - I used the same Distribution Zertificate and App Store mobile provisioning as usual when I upload my other apps to the App Store.

I now uploaded my v1.1 update to iTunes Connect without first patching the languages and it worked fine, no problems with the Application Loader.

So:

1. My app is fine, the Distribution Certificate and App Store mobileprovisioning profile are valid and match with the ID, the correct name from the keychain was used etc. etc.

2. Proof of this is: I could upload the unmodified app with Application Loader to iTunes Connect

3. But when I change the app content, delete the additional language directories and the resign the app WITH THE CORRECT PROFILES etc., I couldn't upload the app anymore

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Appandrew:

Can you please try following additional step and see if you can put binary on Application Loader.

Use the command as:

codesign -f -s "iPhone Distribution: Your Name" "--resource-rules=./Payload/binary.app/ResourceRules.plist" --entitlements "/path/to/Entitlements.plist" "./Payload/binary.app"

Where your Entitlements.plist is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>application-identifier</key>

<string>XXXXXXXXX.com.your.id</string>

<key>keychain-access-groups</key>

<array>

<string>XXXXXXXX.com.your.id</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

In this file XXXXXXX is the AppIdentifierPrefix which you can see by opening mobile provision file in textEdit look for 'ApplicationIdentifierPrefix'

com.your.id is the same id of your app(which is used for mobile provision and is given as id in app descriptor)

This is Mandatory for putting app on the store. Sorry for not mentioning earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saumitra,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

It worked!

I rejected my own update v1.1 and tried again (after deleting all the languages I didn't need, see posts above), using the new codesign string and with an Entitlements.plist file.

Worked beautifully.

And then ... I uploaded the new IPA using the Application Loader ... and the IPA was accepted, my update is now waiting for review.

THANKS AGAIN!

This bug is a bad one, but your workaround rocks!

One more interesting thing: After uploading the IPA I got a warning - have you encountered anything like this before (just curious...):

Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-21 um 13.58.55.png

I didn't get this after uploading the original v1.0 version, and there's almost no difference to the just uploaded version v1.1

Best,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I havent seen this message.

So you dont get this message when uploading the ipa without resigning? I think this warning is added with the new uploader. In earlier version of uploader it dint even check for API usage on client side.

This doesnt look anything serious BTW.

Thanks,

Saumi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this msg when I uploaded the app without resigning, too.

So yeah, maybe it's the new Application Loader, it has nothing to do with the resigning process.

Best,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really worked! My update v1.1 is in the iTunes App Store - and instead of 16 languages only the two intended languages German and English are listed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Appandrew (and Saumitra),

I went out to the Apple preview of your app and I see all of the languages listed still for version 1.2 of your app.  In the meta data description you have

ATTENTION 1:

This is the English version!

So did the workaround that Saumitra suggested really work?  We need to fix this for a couple of iOS apps we have out there and want to verify.  Hopefully Saumitra is right and I hope Adobe/Saumitra will have an easier fix/solution soon!

Thank you so much,

greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory,

I didn't fix it yet for the "Kuckuck" and "Frankie Frog" apps, I will wait till there is some other stuff to update.

Have a look at "Dragon Party", there you'll find only the German and English languages listed:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-ogglies-a-dragon-party/id464300466?mt=8

Really, the workaround works like a charm. 🙂

Best,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do codesign in windows7 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines